View Full Version : Standby time for IPAQ2210/15

pshek
05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Can someone tell me what the standby time for a 2210/15 is if the battery is fully charged? I'm off on hols and would like to check how long I can leave the IPAQ locked in my drawer without a charge.

Kowalski
05-20-2004, 11:05 AM
my device uses 2-3% battery when off for 24 hours which will give you more than a month but less then 2 monts.

pshek
05-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks. A couple of months seems a long time on standby. Does anyone have any experience. A friend went on holiday and left their fully charged 2210 on standby in a drawer for 3 weeks and came back to find out it had reset. Anyone else had this problem?

Steven Cedrone
05-20-2004, 02:02 PM
How long do you plan on being away? Can't you just leave it plugged in?

Steve

pshek
05-20-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm off for just over 2 weeks so my friends problem struck my mind right away. Can't really leave it just plugged in, too much of a security issue. Also, the information would be handy, no?

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2004, 03:38 PM
My experience with the 2215 is good, but I'd hesitate to say two weeks good. I would rcommend making a full backup on an SD card or a PC. If you have security concerns, you could even take the SD with you and pull the battery before you go. It is actually better for the battery if you have it fully charged and removed from the device (no drain) than it is to let it discharge completely.

So, why aren't you taking it with you. It will get lonely.

pshek
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
It reminds me of work, I'd prefer to go without it for a while, I'm not taking my phone either... or any computers...

I just needed to know how long I was safe to leave the IPAQ for. I've left it for a week before and it was okay but because of the experience of others I don't think I'll risk 2 weeks...

Steven Cedrone
05-20-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm off for just over 2 weeks so my friends problem struck my mind right away. Can't really leave it just plugged in, too much of a security issue. Also, the information would be handy, no?

Why not just lock it with a strong alpha-numeric password? leave it charging (not hooked up to the computer) and not worry about it...

Steve

pshek
05-21-2004, 08:43 AM
That's not really going to stop someone stealing it. I'm not really fussed anymore, I'll make sure I have a backup and it won't matter. However, I am now interested to find out the information.

Kacey Green
05-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Don't for get to pull out the battery or start a hard reset, but leave it in the power button disconnected mode (after the hard-reset before you push reset or plug it in)