View Full Version : I know it's in there!

PresBry
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Can anyone tell me where in the registry I can find the list of apps that starts up with Windows 2K3.

Thanks all.

Zack Mahdavi
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure if there's anything like what you're asking for in the registry.

However, if you go to /Windows/StartUp, you will find shortcuts to applications that launch after WM2003 has launched.

Jeff Rutledge
05-20-2004, 12:10 AM
I agree with zkmusa. As far as I know, there isn't any Run key in HKLM or HKCU on the PPC. Anything I've seen at startup has been in the Startup folder.

Ohayden
05-20-2004, 12:52 AM
What you're looking for isn't in the registry. There is the startup folder but that's identical to a desktops startup folder. The PPC equivalent of the registry RUN key is stored in low level databases called cedb. There are utilities to explore these databases but (like the registry) you need to be VERY careful.

Do a search for CEDB on this site:
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/

PresBry
05-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Thank you very much for the help Ohayden. I had a program that I uninstalled, but it left a piece of itself to start up each time I reboot (soft reset). Then. each time I powered off, then on again, I would get an error message saying Windows 2K3 couldn't execute a piece of the uninstalled program. And, it wasn't listed in the Windows start-up folder.

I was looking for a way to remove that leftover remnant of that uninstalled program.

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Just some thoughts. How did you remove it? Using the Remove Programs settings item. Did you make sure it wasn't running when you tried to remove it. That sometimes causes pieces to be left. Did you check the author's site (assuming they have one) for un-installation help. Sometimes if there are special procedures, they are posted at the site. If you find that there is a procedure to follow and you didn't, you can usually re-install and then de-install correctly. If you do this, do re-install to the same location you had it before.