View Full Version : PHM Plus and Power Tools... Can i get just some?

zilla31
05-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Is there a way to get only select PHM Plus or Power Tools apps? There are only 2 or three i need and don't want to install both batches (entirely)... anyone know if this is possible? thanks.

Robb Bates
05-19-2004, 03:42 PM
I've asked Philippe for the same thing. All I can say is to ask him as well. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." So start squeaking.

Robb

zilla31
05-19-2004, 03:47 PM
did he respond?

Robb Bates
05-19-2004, 03:59 PM
No. But if enough people ask for it, maybe he'll humor us.

Robb

Steven Cedrone
05-19-2004, 05:03 PM
See Philippe's response in this thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24336&start=10

Steve

zilla31
05-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah that's perfect steven - thanks a ton!

jgrnt1
05-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Some of the apps can be extracted from the cab files and installed by themselves, rather than installing the package and removing components. You can actually do this with any of the apps, but most have some cleanup code for uninstalling, which you would not have if you extract and install individual apps. I use TrayLaunch and Reset. Both of these can be extracted from the cab and installed directly, since they do not create entries all over the place and can be easily removed if I need to uninstall them.

Since many of the apps register themselves all over the place (as noted in Philippe's post), you need to be very careful if you extract and install them individually.

Also, Philippe's stuff is freeware, but he does have a Paypal link on his site for donations. A lot of time went into creating these apps and he has a site to maintain, so we can access them. I sent him money and I hope others who use his stuff will do so as well.