View Full Version : Car modding interest

jake080
05-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Ok so ive gotten crazy and am considering modding my old car and therefore having more salvagable parts for future car ;)

im have a horrible time googling for US sites that sell mods with a site comparable to the many computer modding sites out there.

Im mainly looking to make my car louder, dunno why, but yeah, that pathetic exhaust thing that gets attention ;)
as well as maybe dropping it, adding a sweet spoiler, doing more sound system modding.
oh, and definately replacing lights, whether casing and bulbs, or just clean existing casing and replace bulbs for wicked bright ones.

I think thats the core or things. So basically, please help by maybe explaining some of the modding basics like what you really need for that loud exhaust stuff, and also posting links to US sites would be appreciated.

jake080
05-19-2004, 03:50 AM
oh, i guess everyone will ask, "what car is it?"

well it was given to me, a 1995 eagle vis esi. And im sure it goes over 106 mph :D

Kati Compton
05-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Hmmm. I usually read (and vote) in the poll before reading the post...

Good thing I didn't this time! :P ;)

jake080
05-19-2004, 03:57 AM
ouchie, thats mean :P
oh, and no help, i see how it is... actually i dont, cuz i dont care, and i actually thought the post was pretty funny and lame, but yeah, would like help (!)

[edit]soo Kati, you didnt even vote? i thought you were being extreemely mean voting "yes" but i think that one vote cast for yes was by one of my best friends ;) now im really thinking this was worth the humor, but yes, still want help![end_edit]

Kati Compton
05-19-2004, 04:05 AM
I was just giving a friendly tease - no offense meant.

But as for your question... I'm afraid I don't know how to help you, but I vote that you don't make your car louder. I'm sorry, but while a modified-loud car gets a second glance from me, it's not of envy. ;)

Kati Compton
05-19-2004, 04:06 AM
[edit]soo Kati, you didnt even vote? i thought you were being extreemely mean voting "yes" but i think that one vote cast for yes was by one of my best friends ;) now im really thinking this was worth the humor, but yes, still want help![end_edit]
I can't vote. I don't think you're stupid because of it, but I don't think you should do it. ;)

As for the rest of it, go for it, if it's not a new car, or you're sure of what you're doing.

jake080
05-19-2004, 04:07 AM
hehe, thanks, what about the other things?
:P

Kati Compton
05-19-2004, 04:16 AM
See my previous post. Sorry - I was editing while you were posting.

Kowalski
05-20-2004, 08:23 AM
i dont find people moding their cars and hanging around with a big noise coming out of their radios pretty clever.
perhaps they could do something usefull if they had iq over 90

jake080
05-20-2004, 05:25 PM

:oops:

Kati Compton
05-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Please keep any disagreements friendly.

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 02:46 PM
i didnt mean to offend anybody but dont like that kind of people make big noise and think that anybody will appriciate them because of their "cool" car designs

dh
05-22-2004, 02:53 PM
The only mods that make sense either make the car go faster or handle better, IMO. The day my warranty expires my Audi 1.8T will have an APR Chip :lol:

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 03:05 PM
The only mods that make sense either make the car go faster or handle better
this is out of consideration. i would mod my car for better handling if i had that much money but for that money i can buy a better one

Kacey Green
05-22-2004, 06:50 PM
It's usually cheaper to make functional mods to an existing car, than it is to get a car that is better than the old car would be after the mods, you are wasting money if it isn't a better car

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 09:36 PM
not only waste of money but also waste of time and affort

CTSLICK
05-23-2004, 03:01 AM
The only mods that make sense either make the car go faster or handle better, IMO. The day my warranty expires my Audi 1.8T will have an APR Chip :lol:

Amen brother...the WRX just left its warranty period....Cobb Racing does some wonderful work with Subarus :D :twisted:

Spend your money on horsepower and handling...real handling...not that chop the springs junk that ruins every handling trait the engineers tried to build into it.

Falstaff
05-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Apart from modding the handling/performance, I think that doing techie mods are also cool. By that, I mean the stuff like they talk about at mp3car.com (http://www.mp3car.com) (go to the forum, then "Showing off your project" for some really slick mods). I know that doesn't fit the same sort of category of "modding" like is being discussed here, but that is another way (probably one better suited for most people here) to make your car stand out and be a lot cooler for the driver. I don't think modding a car to make it louder is good, but to make the performance better is beneficial. If you want a negative take on loudening (...?) a car, search for the "woo woo" video, anyone know what I'm talking about or where to find it?