View Full Version : HP4150 Battery Question

bimmergirl
05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Do you guys know why I always get "power leakage" on my HP 4150? Sometimes when I turn off the PDA, I notice the PDA wasn't turned off properly. You can still see some fade lights at the back. I have to reset the PDA and turn it off again then it would shut down completely. Sometimes because of that (PDA didn't shut down properly), the battery dies really fast. It's so annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Kati Compton
05-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I know this sounds basic, but did you maybe hold down the power button for too long and just turn off the backlight, not the unit itself?

bimmergirl
05-17-2004, 08:42 PM
I know this sounds basic, but did you maybe hold down the power button for too long and just turn off the backlight, not the unit itself?

No I don't think it's the backlight. If it's the backlight I assume u can still kind of see the "Today" screen right? I don't see anything except a very very fade light.

Janak Parekh
05-18-2004, 02:14 AM
If it's the backlight I assume u can still kind of see the "Today" screen right? I don't see anything except a very very fade light.
Yes, you would see the Today screen under bright light if it was on.

I'd try a hard-reset first and see if that solves the problem, and if not, I'd call HP. :( The 4150 I've played with here exhibits no such problems.

--janak

ppc4me
05-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Make sure AS is not still connected when you try to power down. I believe there may have been a previous thread that discussed this. Anyone remember it?

bimmergirl
05-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Really ? Do you know where the thread is ?

I emailed HP support and they replied me teaching me "HOW TO" charge my battery and reset it. Not very helpful. I might call them and ask directly.

Janak Parekh
05-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Make sure AS is not still connected when you try to power down. I believe there may have been a previous thread that discussed this. Anyone remember it?
Ah, that's a good point. If I understand correctly -- bimmergirl, go into ActiveSync Options on the Pocket PC and make sure it's not set to sync on a schedule. (On the PC tab, make sure "Use mobile schedule to sync with this PC" is unchecked.)

Again, the other thing to consider is to do a hard reset, which will bring you back to the factory settings, in case there's a program messing with the device. Have you always had this problem, or did it start suddenly?

--janak

SHoTTa35
05-19-2004, 05:27 PM
i think it's just some software you installed that causing the device not to standby properly. if the hard reset doesn't cure it then send it off to HP