View Full Version : backing up activesync partnerships

campusminister
05-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I have a pocket pc without a sync cable. (intermec 750) I know I can borrow a cable to establish a partnership with my desktop, then sync via wi-fi.

Is there any way to back up the partnership (kind of like backing up your ms reader activation) so that I would not have to borrow the cable if I need to re-establish a partnership?

TIA

Todd

Sven Johannsen
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
You can establish a partnership via IR as well. I know that means youi may have to get an IR interface for your PC. Those are redily available if the sync cable isn't.

I know of no way to backup the partnership on the PC. A PPC Backup, of course, can restore the partnership on that side.

Pony99CA
05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a pocket pc without a sync cable. (intermec 750) I know I can borrow a cable to establish a partnership with my desktop, then sync via wi-fi.

Is there any way to back up the partnership (kind of like backing up your ms reader activation) so that I would not have to borrow the cable if I need to re-establish a partnership?
I don't know that it will work, but you might try backing up the registry information (both on the PC and the Pocket PC) that I discussed in the "Re-synchronizing Profile back to Pocket PC" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245764#245764).

Steve