View Full Version : How to avoid syncing email "deleted items"?

iPAQ Bjorn
05-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi Group,

I did an extensive search for my problem but couldn't find a solution so far....

When I Sync my iPAQ 2215 with my PC, it Syncs the "Deleted items" folder, resulting in a 100% full memory. This of course because I have lots of "Deleted items" on my PC.

After Syncing a second time, it then deletes the "deleted items" folder on my iPAQ and memory is back to normal.

How can I avoid syncing the "deleted items" box? I looked to my "Inbox settings on Active Sync, but there is no box with a flag available beside the "deleted items"...

Thanks for your help, :(

iPAQ Bjorn

iPAQ Bjorn
05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Any help out there....?

Thanks,

iPAQ Bjorn

martinn
05-20-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't think you can avoid sync'ing the Deleted Items folder. However, you should periodically empty the Deleted Items folder in Outlook on your desktop machine to save space and avoid the problem you are seeing.

Brad Adrian
05-20-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm curious...Why do you want/need to hang onto so many deleted e-mails? I usually keep a few days' worth, just in case I need them, but that's about it.

CDizzle
05-20-2004, 01:00 PM
I dont think this is necessarily an issue of holding onto alot of deleted items. I've found that my deleted items are synced as well, and it tends to sync as I delete the messages.

My PC has alot of free space so not deleting old emails for a week or two is not an issue. But syncing 5-10 deleted items a day (give or take a few emails) to my PPC can start eating space. Especially the spam with graphics. Yes, the deleted emails are removed when I sync again later but syncing deleted items is just stupid.

If I've deleted the message from my PC why would I want that item on my PPC?

Anyway, if anyone knows how to stop it from syncnig the deleted items I'd like to know as well.

Geoff

Janak Parekh
05-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Anyway, if anyone knows how to stop it from syncnig the deleted items I'd like to know as well.
Unfortunately, I don't. A workaround would be to have the deleted items in Outlook go into a different folder. You can probably use rules to automate it, too...

--janak