View Full Version : SPB Finance problems with budgets

Jacob
05-17-2004, 05:44 AM
I've seen some problems with budgetting with this software.

I have my paycheck entered and strangely the amount left goes up. For example assuming I make $500 twice per month I put in a budget of $1000 per month of my net income.

I entered my first paycheck of the month and it now says that the actual is $500 but the remaining is $1500!!

Why does the amount go up?

I've also seen a problem when the scheduled amounts get included in the actual even though they aren't for the current month. This has gone away with new databases, but I can't get it to go away with my current database.

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 06:05 AM
I have the same exact problem! I always figured I was doing something wrong, but now it's comforting to know that someone else has the same problem.

I'm currently running version 1.5.0, build 175. I noticed 1.5.3 is available. Has it fixed the problem for anyone?

Jacob
05-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I have 1.5.3 and the problem is still there.

Are you seeing both problems? With the income and the scheduled transactions?

I sent them a general question about the issue with the scheduled transactions and they said they couldn't reproduce it. I sent them another support request with exact steps to reproduce with a clean database that I could reproduce every time and they haven't replied yet.

This is very annoying since budgetting is one of the reasons I bought this software and I simply didn't get the chance in the 15 day period to see these problems arise.

I wouldn't have purchased this product if I'd seen these bugs in the eval period.

It's a shame - this is a nice quick program, too bad it would only get a C or a D at math.

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
I haven't noticed the income problem, although I also have a bi-weekly income that is included in my scheduled transactions.

My scheduled transaction problem is similar. What happens is that the transaction gets recorded and my balance changes, but the transaction doesn't appear in the database. What sometimes happen is that when a scheduled transaction is recorded, it gets entered into the account and the balance changes, but the scheduled transactions menu still says that I have to pay the bill for the month. Even after it has just recordeded it!

My solution so far has been to not use the scheduled transactions and instead just manually enter my bills each month.

I'm still waiting for when SPB Finance will be able to sync with Money, but that doesn't seem like it will ever happen. :?