View Full Version : My PPC no longer plays music...

Trimac20
05-17-2004, 05:17 AM
...because I purchased a brand new Iriver iHP120! :D I can't describe how awesome this is (and I won't in this category), but if you're looking at buying a HDD player I would heartily recommend it that over-priced, over-advertised, and over-rated smooth white box. 'World's No. 1 Player' - Apple are full of themselves!

Nonetheless, I will still occaisionally tune up my ipaq (despite the fact my meagre 1,443 song collection resides on my iriver). In fact I was comparing the sound quality between the iHP120 and the Ipaq and found them almost identical: although the Ipaq is slightly clearer, the iriver has far more eq-options. Anyway, that's all I had to say.

marlof
05-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Congrats on your purchase. And see my reply to your other thread for some counterweight. ;)

Happily listening to my 4839 song collection (>20 GB...) on my 30 Gb 3G iPod. I agree with you that having a dedicated music player simply rocks, no matter how cool it is that your Pocket PC makes an excellent music player as well. Sometimes it's just great to have multiple GBs around for storage. :)

Janak Parekh
05-18-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm going to be a little less subtle than Marlof, and ask that you not crosspost, please. :)

Anyone who wants to comment on this, post here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246097

--janak

P.S. The one other point you make, which is the lack of an EQ on the iPAQ, can be solved by installing a third-party player. :)