View Full Version : Free "Weather Info" program question

Blue Zero
05-17-2004, 03:25 AM
How do you get the "Weather info" program to work at This Site (http://www.s-church.net/otherprojects.htm)??

I want to have a free weather update program, and this looks like the thing.
But I cant seem to get it to work? Help...! :(

Blue Zero
05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Bumpity bump...??
Anyone on this?

I reinstall, but yet still not able to get it working...

torgamm
05-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I tried it to include in our database.
I did not succeed in using Weather Info. On none of my machines (PPC2002 Casio E-200 and WM2003 iPAQ 2210). I sent the author a message and he told me he is on vacation in New York right now and will try to fix this on Monday morning (it was on 5/19, Monday will be 5/24)

Blue Zero
05-25-2004, 10:36 PM
UPDATE
Just need to update everyone that are interest in this weather program. The arthur had updated his program to be handle by WM2003 ppc, which is the cause of my previous problem.

But as of date, this program only support US area.
However, the arthur send me a email saying it will support other area in the world within the near future....

...I cant wait, this program looks promising!! :rock on dude!:

Blue Zero
06-03-2004, 05:47 AM
Just to UPDATE all forum readers, that "Weather Info" had a new version 2.1 out now

It now support almost everywhere in the world! And can display 2 different type of units!

I am loving this program already
The best thing is that its FREE! :werenotworthy:

xcln_z
06-03-2004, 06:16 AM
But how did you make the prog run on your ppc? I'm still having difficulties kept saying that the required resource could not be found...
Please help...

:(

Blue Zero
06-04-2004, 10:41 PM
But how did you make the prog run on your ppc? I'm still having difficulties kept saying that the required resource could not be found...
Please help...

:(

How so? Please elaborate, I would like to help... :wink:

EDIT:
I pretty mcuh just install the program, then connect my H1945 onto the internet.... Open "Weather Info" then write down my location, and it does the rest for me...

xcln_z
06-07-2004, 03:34 AM
When I enter the City name (Manila, Philippines) and press search I get "could not find resource assembly"...
Kinda frustrating 8O

dutyhero
06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Cheers dudes ,
What a great site :D :D However they don't have all the villages in Cornwall but beggers can't be chooser's :)

muaddip
06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
xcln_z: what handheld are you using?

Also, make sure you are using the latest .NET Framework, the link is on the same site as the progam.

xcln_z
06-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Greetings Muaddip!
I'm using an ipaq 3970 upgraded to WM2003.
I will d/l the latest .Net framework. Tnx

xcln_z

xcln_z
06-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Greetings Muaddip!
Loaded the new .Net CF but still no go.
I'm trying out another weather sw with Plug-In support at _http://www.ajoliver.f2s.com/pocketpc/todayweather/
Looks very promising and with many functionalities.
Tanx for the assist...

xcln_z

Blue Zero
06-11-2004, 07:20 AM
UPDATE!

I just discover a program call "Weather Today" this afternoon
Click Here (http://www.ajoliver.f2s.com/pocketpc/todayweather/)
Its much more amazing then the one I post eariler

This one place reads directly onto your today srceen
and have many more display option too, such as: 5days, 3days w/ current, or 3days w/ 2satellite... so on

I found this is much better of a program, even this might be here for a while already... i figure someone might of miss this great gem

...Oh did I mention it is and will forever be (as claim) FREE? :mrgreen:

Edit...
opps... didnt see your post at the above

xcln_z
06-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Just read a "disheartening" message from the developer at his site...
So hard to explain (hint: today weather may not stay postcardware for long)... just visit his site...
http://www.ajoliver.f2s.com/pocketpc/todayweather/
Well, who could blame him anyway, he made a great software...

jgrnt1
06-14-2004, 02:46 PM
I'd pay money for it. I had been using Journal Bar for a long, long, time, but had stopped using it for anything but weather. There were little bugs that never seemed to go away -- the memory leaks, the connection problems, weather not refreshing all the time, etc. Then Omega One played games with their free lifetime update policy, first with the Journal Bar Expansion pack and then with Battery Pack Pro (I've stopped using Battery Pack also). I'm glad Today Weather came along. It already has more features than Journal Bar's weather -- the compare tab is great, since I travel a lot and can now see all the cities on my regular itineraries on one screen. Being able to configure the Today screen view is also wonderful. I like the day/night forecast page, too. And being able to do one tap to bring up everything -- settings, all the different views, radar images, etc., is a real convenience. Though I haven't tried it, it appears you can replace the weather icons as well.

I know many people hunger for free apps, but I am more than willing to pay for good software. Many of the developers who put out free stuff (PHM comes to mind) have a PayPal donation option on their sites. I always send money.

Blue Zero
06-15-2004, 04:41 AM
well... cant blame the guy, it is the next best weather program out there...

and again just show no matter what, its the money that count at the end of the road.

Also for those that still havent try it yet, it is still free until later other wise, so grab it before its too late.

PS: how does the satillite/radar images works??

xcln_z
06-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Got this from somewhere can't remember the person who posted this but thanx to whoever you are...

"First go to weather.com and enter your zip code.

Then scroll down and you'll see the 600-mile doppler radar. Click on More Local Maps.

From there, select the map you want.

When it loads in, right-click on the map and choose properties. You'll see a url listed--that's the one you want to input into this program. You can basically choose two because the program has room for two.

Also, note that in the url, one word says "large". Change that to "small" as you don't need the big one and it'll load faster."

Enter the URL and click update, wait awhile, you'll then get the satellite image.
Hope this helps...

P.S. As for the sw turning commercial, I totally respect the developer's decision but then he shouldn't have stated that the sw will be forever free which contributed to its popularity in the first place...