View Full Version : Spb Imageer...delayed reaction time?!?

Darius Wey
05-15-2004, 05:14 PM
I've had the latest version of Spb Imageer installed for months now...and in that time, not once had the following occurred:

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/djcubed/temp.jpg

I've had images on my SD card for a long time, and only tonight, when I randomly switched on my PPC, did the program decide to show the following!

Was it meant to take this long for this to show or is it just me and my PPC? :roll:

Darius Wey
05-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Actually, just looking at screenshots on Spb's website, and it appears that it should have been showing a long time ago.

I suspect it is just me and my PPC. Any thoughts on why it's taken so long for this notification to start appearing?

Jason Dunn
05-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Looks like AngelFire doesn't allow remote linking. ;-)

Assuming you have the notification feature turned on (it's on by default), here's what I suggest: take everything off your memory card except for a few images, then try again. If it's faster, that probably means that you have so many files on the SD card, Imageer is getting caught up with trying to look for images on your SD card. The scenario that Imageer was designed for was with Imageer installed into main system RAM or Flash ROM, and the user taking a memory card out of their camera and putting it into the device. If that's the scenario you're in, then I think there's another problem entirely...perhaps try re-formatting the memory card. It could have some bad header info that's tripping up Imageer.

Darius Wey
05-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Errr...the image doesn't show...that's strange...it does for me. Anyway, thanks for the tip Jason.

I did try what you said and I do have a lot of crap on my SD card, so that was the reason why :wink:

ctmagnus
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
re: the image:

It normally shows up for me as "Image hosted by Angelfire" but if I look at the properties and copy + paste the address into the address bar, it shows up correctly. Then if I go back to this page, DJ Apod's post shows up as (s)he intended. But if I refresh the page the image reverts to the Hosted by Angelfire image.

(stupid Angelfire :grumble: )

Aerestis
05-17-2004, 12:24 AM
well, when the image is in your cache or whatever, it will show up. But Angelfire cuts down on bandwidth use by making it so linking like that won't work. If slashdot or some huge website decided to post an angelfire image one day... :)

Sorry for being a bit off topic. And sorry if I used bad terminology or didn't make sense. I just woke up, hehe.

Darius Wey
05-17-2004, 12:53 AM
Nah...it makes sense...even though I just woke up too. :wink: Lowsy winter weather!