View Full Version : Active Synch!!!!!!

Baldie2u
05-15-2004, 08:00 AM
I don't know if this is of any help to others (I am not a PC guru) but will post this experience in the hope that the stress levels I experienced are mitigated with others!

I bought an iPaq h4150 (first one, I had/have a Psion Revo Plus) and am very pleased with it - so far!

However, at the onset I had real probs with the fact that everything worked but could I install ActiveSynch on my laptop - could I thump. Other progs yes but ActiveSynch nope!

I asked around and apart from the usual answers like 'have you done a virus check, is it the latest version? etc etc' I got no help.

In the end I was trawling through the Deja boards and I came across someone else with the same prob. From his correspondence it was obvious that unlike me he knew what he was talking about.

He found in the end that he had a program (which he did not know about on his PC called 'Replay Radio' this was conflicting with the ActiveSynch download as it held open a file which ActiveSynch required. Consequently, it could not complete its download.

I too had never heard of this rog but in desperation I ran a 'find' command on my PC.

Lo and behold there it was! I had never knowingly downloaded it! (I run NAV and Internet Security too).

I removed it tried ActiveSynch again and heypresto it went on like a dream!

I hope this helps someone!

Pony99CA
05-15-2004, 12:45 PM
He found in the end that he had a program (which he did not know about on his PC called 'Replay Radio' this was conflicting with the ActiveSynch download as it held open a file which ActiveSynch required. Consequently, it could not complete its download.

I too had never heard of this rog but in desperation I ran a 'find' command on my PC.

Lo and behold there it was! I had never knowingly downloaded it! (I run NAV and Internet Security too).
It's not a virus or Trojan. Here's some information about Replay Radio (http://www.replay-radio.com/?src=Applian).

If it causes you problems, you might want to write Applian about it.

Steve

P.S. In the future, I'd suggest using a better Subject line, like "Replay Radio Breaks ActiveSync Installation".