View Full Version : Transferring Files?

Evangelist
05-14-2004, 09:32 PM
:D Greetings! Kinda new at this PocketPC deal...forgive the ignorance if it be so...just wondering if it is possible to transfer files say from the main memory of my Dell Axim X3i to the Storage Card, Built-in Storage, I think they call it??? My question arises from an interesting "error message" I got for the first time this afternoon: opening Internet Explorer, browsing the Web, on a particularly graphic-loaded website, like with Flash e-cards; when I attempted to open a Flash card, the message came up, Not enough memory to complete operation, or something like that. When I deleted a couple of programs stored in Main memory, everything was fine. Hmmm...Seems that all the apps I have downloaded install into main memory. I have 64MB RAM, 64MB ROM and a 64MB SD card installed. Can somebody give me like the inside info, so to speak, on what needs to be installed where, ie what can be on a Storage Card and what HAS to be installed in Main memory??? Thanks & God Bless!

Rick

Don't Panic!
05-14-2004, 10:30 PM
I'll start you off. Today Plug-ins and PIM apps should be installed to main memory.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Mobile_Bear
05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
I'll start you off. Today Plug-ins and PIM apps should be installed to main memory.
And everything else, or as much as you can, into the SD, IMHO.

Deltrevan
05-15-2004, 03:46 AM
I install everything to storage cards. The only time I deviate from this is if there is a warning from the developer during installation that the app must be installed to main memory in order to function correctly.

I never run into problems with this strategy. Of about eighty programs installed on my PPC, only three of them are in main memory.

Evangelist
05-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks Everybody for all the ideas, even the tongue-in-cheek ones! We all need a sense of humor in this complex computer-driven world! Amen. I will try reinstalling several of the programs now in main memory into the storage card memory.

Rick
Visit Me: Embrace His Grace (http://www.embracehisgrace.com)