View Full Version : how long is the battary last on average on the 415x?

Veggie_Musician
05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
as title

Pony99CA
05-14-2004, 05:02 PM
as title
Please see Pony's Posting Proverbs (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11413) about why just putting your question in the title is a bad thing. (And that didn't even mention that the Subject is in a smaller font, making it harder to read.)

A detailed subject is good, but at least repeat it in the body.

Steve

Jason Dunn
05-14-2004, 09:23 PM
To answer your question, it really depends on what you're doing. If you're streaming a video over WiFi with your screen on full brightness, it will be dead in under an hour.

If you're using it for PIM, games, and other more "normal" things, I'd say perhaps four to five hours. The battery on the 4150 is NOT big.

Zack Mahdavi
05-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I get about 5 hours when using it for just normal PIM stuff. When I play music that's on the SD card, it dies in about 3 hours, and when I play internet radio via WiFi, it dies in a little under 2 hours.

Remember, there's also an extended battery option available if you need more power, or you could opt and go with the iPaq 4350, which comes with a bigger battery.

Jason Dunn
05-17-2004, 08:56 PM
When I play music that's on the SD card, it dies in about 3 hours...

That seems quite low to me - you're turning off the screen when the music playback is on?

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 09:28 PM
When I play music that's on the SD card, it dies in about 3 hours...

That seems quite low to me - you're turning off the screen when the music playback is on?

Yeah, I use Pocket Player, and I have it set to automatically turn the screen off after 60 seconds. Keep in mind that I also generally keep bluetooth on all the time.

Kowalski
05-17-2004, 11:19 PM
BT effects the battery life for sure but it uses very little power when in idle mode. 3 hours seemed very low to me because i get more than 6 hours when i use my devide just for music from my SD

Zack Mahdavi
05-17-2004, 11:35 PM
BT effects the battery life for sure but it uses very little power when in idle mode. 3 hours seemed very low to me because i get more than 6 hours when i use my devide just for music from my SD

Hmm... okay, now you all are scaring me.. :) I'm going to run a test today. I'll have music play through headphones with pocket player till I get the very last red-box battery warning.

netboy_my
05-18-2004, 04:26 AM
I only get about 4 1/2 hours on average use and I need to charge it every 2 days or so.

jnajera
05-18-2004, 05:39 AM
The 4150Ss battery life sucks, if battery life is your thing get a 4355. The battery life on this mashine just does not die, even with wifi and bluetooth turned on. I have never run out of juice and I am a heavy user.

Zack Mahdavi
05-18-2004, 05:42 AM

Hmm... okay, now you all are scaring me.. :) I'm going to run a test today. I'll have music play through headphones with pocket player till I get the very last red-box battery warning.

So my test ended, and it lasted for a total of 4.5 hours with SD music playing through my headphones and bluetooth on. So I was off by about 1.5 hours. Sorry about the confusion.