View Full Version : Motorola V600

Rune
05-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm considering buying the V600 which has BT. I've been waiting to get a new pone, with the clamshell design and that had BT.
Anyone know anything about or had any problems with this phone?-other than my pocket will be considerably lighter after I buy it! :(
Thanks

JustMe
05-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I'm considering buying the V600 which has BT. I've been waiting to get a new pone, with the clamshell design and that had BT.
Anyone know anything about or had any problems with this phone?-other than my pocket will be considerably lighter after I buy it! :(
Thanks

I love that phone.. head to www.howardforums.com and check out the motorola forums.

There are some issues you should be aware of though.

On older models, the plastic where the top part of the shell hits the bottom when opened could crack. On my two (yes 2) v600s, a rubber strip was used to hopefully prevent this. the other issue is a result of the rubber strip being there. After a while scratches will appear in the black plastic area where the plastic meets the rubber.

One other thing I don't like is how the phonebook handles entries. you can't have a copy of your numbers on the phone and sim card without both sets being displayed unless you assign them to different categories and view by category.

this phone has all the bells and whistles. speakerphone, great screen, plays video (but not record), plays mp3s and midi for ringtones, quad band, BT, camera.

I would physically handle an actual phone if you can just to see if the design fits you.

All in all though, I really do love this phone. I came from owning Sony Ericsson phones, r520m, t68i, t616.

HTH,
JM

nirav28
05-18-2004, 09:13 PM
I have a V600 flashed and flexed to the lastest releases. But the GPRS on the v600 connected to my Ipaq 4155 is slowwwwww. I came from a Nokia 3650 , which I used for GPRS connectivity on my ipaq. The nokia was much much faster for internet access.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong in my configuration. Have my connection string set the same as I had on the nokia +cgdont=1,, "internet2.voicestream.com". But still haven't been able to figure out why the connection is none responsive.

Kowalski
05-20-2004, 10:54 AM
sony ericson z600 is a better device for a couple of reasons:
no antenna, much more responsive text input and menu navigation, outlook sync. , better BT implementation and faster GPRS
the only disadvantage is SE is a little bit bigger than motorola

JustMe
05-22-2004, 04:16 AM
sony ericson z600 is a better device for a couple of reasons:
no antenna, much more responsive text input and menu navigation, outlook sync. , better BT implementation and faster GPRS
the only disadvantage is SE is a little bit bigger than motorola

Too bad there's no 850Mhz support on the z600.

JM

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 02:36 PM
z600 and t610 are almost the same devices.
there is a 850 mHz version of t610, t616 but it is strange that there is no z616?!

Janak Parekh
05-23-2004, 12:32 AM
z600 and t610 are almost the same devices.
I'm assuming you're referring to the t610 and t616 being nearly identical except for frequency bands.

there is a 850 mHz version of t610, t616 but it is strange that there is no z616?!
Because the z600 is only being marketed in Europe, AFAICT.

--janak