View Full Version : Formatting SD Card for my e355

chameleon
05-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Hello, i recently purchased a 128 SD card off eBay and just assumed it would work in my e355. The SD card is made by FujiFilm, which I didnt think mattered but upon inserting the card the pocket pc does not read it. Now ive been told that sometimes u have to format these things for them to work properly but where is the option for that on the PPC? I need to know if this card is going to work for me. Thank you.

Janak Parekh
05-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Pocket PCs don't have a built-in format capability. There are tools, like Flash Format (http://www.cnetx.com/format/), although the best thing to do is to stick the SD card into a desktop or laptop reader and format it through there.

--janak

chameleon
05-25-2004, 04:39 PM
I tried that software on PPC 2003 and it didnt even recognize that there was a card in the drive. Where else can I goto format this stupid thing?

tanalasta
05-26-2004, 04:56 AM
That is unusual: most ppc's will recognise storage cards and some will reformat then if they're in the incorrert format. You could try a friend's PPC. The best bet would be a computer with a card reader (e.g. Toshiba laptops). Without access to a card reader, there isn't much you can do unfortunatley.