View Full Version : 5 Position Button for Ipaq 2215

Alan2
05-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Mine broke so it only works in 3 positions. It's not the switch because I can remove the button and operate the switch fine. You can see the bad part but where do you get this part in the USA?
(I found a place in the UK but not here.)

My unit is under warranty but HP wants me to send it in - they won't just send the part. I cannot afford not to have it.

Tks Alan

Chris Spera
05-12-2004, 04:36 AM
Unfortunately, I think you're gonna have to send it in... :(

The part that's broken is NOT user serviceable. I know how you feel. I live in my daily driver (currently my i700) and I would be out not only my main PDA, but my cell phone if it died and I had to get a new one, or have it repaired.

BTW, I'm not certain that they do warranty work, but PPCTechs can also fix this. If you get them a device on Monday, they can probably have it fixed and shipped back to you by the beginning of the following week (which is pretty good turn around, BTW). However, they would probably charge you for the repair...

Can you return it to the place you bought it and get a replacement? Have you looked into that? If that can't happen, I would let HP fix this. Its under warranty, and even tho I would be without the device for a week or more, in the end, its better than having a broken device...

Pony99CA
05-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Mine broke so it only works in 3 positions. It's not the switch because I can remove the button and operate the switch fine. You can see the bad part but where do you get this part in the USA?
(I found a place in the UK but not here.)

My unit is under warranty but HP wants me to send it in - they won't just send the part. I cannot afford not to have it.
There are a couple of iPAQ parts dealers listed in the Service and Repair section (http://links.svpocketpc.com#LINKS_SERVICE) of my Web site. Check them out if you really want to do this yourself.

Steve