View Full Version : sync word docs

tourdewolf
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
hey everyone,
I am trying to get a word file (subsequently several) to show up on my 4355. I have searched this board for 20 mins and can't find any results on "syncronize word files" or "word docs" or "activesync documents" or many others I wont bother listing. So if anyone knoww where this is covered here (I am sure it has been) then please point me in that direction.

I have a word document saved as a doc file (created in MSWord 2003), I have placed it in the mobile device documents folder on my desktop and sync'ed. Then I have searched and searched my ppc and can't find the silly thing. Where are these things stored. Also when watching activesync do its thing on the pc I see everything complete but when it comes to the files the words "requires attention" appear greyed out just briefly, but no error messages or any indication that the file hasn't syncronized. I have added the file via drag and drop and also via the activesync options menu (right click on files and choose settings). Any ideas?

I wish there was a "documents to go" type program for the PPC.

Pony99CA
05-12-2004, 02:06 AM
I have a word document saved as a doc file (created in MSWord 2003), I have placed it in the mobile device documents folder on my desktop and sync'ed. Then I have searched and searched my ppc and can't find the silly thing. Where are these things stored.
They're supposed to show up in the My Documents folder on your Pocket PC.

Also when watching activesync do its thing on the pc I see everything complete but when it comes to the files the words "requires attention" appear greyed out just briefly, but no error messages or any indication that the file hasn't syncronized. I have added the file via drag and drop and also via the activesync options menu (right click on files and choose settings). Any ideas?
Do you have the file open by any chance?

Steve

tourdewolf
05-12-2004, 05:30 AM
unfortunately I dont' have it open, that would be an easy fix, I am dragging from the mydocuments folder on the desktop and also tried adding it through the activesync settings... still no luck :?: