View Full Version : Active sync and tasks

pdsluk
05-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Has anyone had the problem where a task is on the PPC but wont transfer to the PC, no errors are reported, changing the details on the task makes no difference. All other tasks new and old will sync both ways, regardless of which device they were created on.

Pony99CA
05-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Has anyone had the problem where a task is on the PPC but wont transfer to the PC, no errors are reported, changing the details on the task makes no difference. All other tasks new and old will sync both ways, regardless of which device they were created on.
I get a task that occasionally sticks as unresolved, but it goes away after a while. You may want to try soft resetting your Pocket PC to see if that helps. If not, try rebooting your PC, too.

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
05-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I've had that happen to me as well a couple of times. I believe I was experimenting with syncing my iPAQ with two PC's (which I never got to work). I ended up just deleting the task and re-creating it and then it sync'd OK both ways.

JASAI (Just Another Strange Activesync Issue). 8)

pdsluk
05-11-2004, 06:14 PM
JASAI (Just Another Strange Activesync Issue). Hmmmm

Soft reset and reboot of PC did not cure the problem.

When syncing the PC reports that there is 1 task to sync , then it reports it as an unresolved item and then it completes the sync without any errors. The task does not transfer, I find it quite alarming that there is no feedback that the sync has not completed.

In the past I have noticed the same sequence of saying unresolved items and completing the sync on more than 1 task, I suspect that this has been going on for some time but with over 150 tasks in the system I probaly have not spotted that some tasks are not always syncing.

Other tasks that have been modified on both devices will show up as unresolved and you are prompted which way you would like to sync.

Most wierd.

pdsluk
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Tell a lie

I have just changed the same task on both devices and now those tasks will get ignored in the sync process

Options in Active Sync are

Leave item unresolved ( selected )
always replace on device
always replace on computer

I am sure in the past when a confilct occured at the end of syncing it would say items unresolved on you could click on a link which would show the items with a prompt of which way to sync.

Mine is not doing that anymore, has anyone any ideas whats going on here?