View Full Version : Bluetooth problem

shark-e
05-10-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm trying to get my 4150 to connect to the internet via by bluetooth phone (Ericsson T68 -GPRS connection) but I cannot get them to pair up, or make any sort of connection - is there something obvious I've missed?

Any help gratfeully received

GSmith
05-10-2004, 12:30 PM
To pair, one of them must be set to "discoverable" or "visible". Then from the other one, select "pair devices" or "search for devices".

That's the gist of it.

More specifically:
First set the phone to visible, then go to the 4150 and select the Bluetooth Manager, Select the Bluetooth icon with the yellow asterisk in it (in the tray). This takes you to to the Connection Wizard. Select "Connect to the Internet", then Next. Then Connect via a dial-up device then Next. "Tap here to choose a device" then it will search for devices.

This should find your phone and allow you to pair the devices.

Your specific setup will be based on who your GPRS service is with, but with an Ericsson phone, you will set your APN, Name, and Password on the phone. In some cases, the Name and Password are blank. Note the CID assigned by the phone.

On the 4150, you will then set the phone number to

*99***X#

where X is the CID you noted from the phone. For example, the phone number in my PPC is

*99***2#

Hope this helps.