View Full Version : Resco Explorer - shortcut target?

terrypin
05-08-2004, 11:37 AM
If I use Properties>Shorcut on a shortcut (lnk) file, then tap the 'Browse' icon to the right of the Target box, am I right that Resco Explorer 4.3 only allows me to choose Application (exe) files as the target? I would like to be able to select *any* file, such as TXT or PSW etc, and rely on the association to run the appropriate application.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Lex
05-08-2004, 01:21 PM
The app 'cLaunch' allows you to place an icon on your PPC Today screen which will open any file on the PPC.

See: http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/claunch.shtml

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 03:26 AM
If I use Properties>Shorcut on a shortcut (lnk) file, then tap the 'Browse' icon to the right of the Target box, am I right that Resco Explorer 4.3 only allows me to choose Application (exe) files as the target? I would like to be able to select *any* file, such as TXT or PSW etc, and rely on the association to run the appropriate application.
I use Resco Explorer 5.0, and it seems that you can only browse for EXE files. However, you can type in anything you want, which I confirmed by trying it.

That said, the easiest way to create a shortcut to a document is to Copy the original document file, then use Paste shortcut to create the shortcut. I also tested that, and it works.

Steve

terrypin
05-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Excellent - thanks, Steve.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.