View Full Version : Back up Battery Burns out in a Month

tcmraven
05-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Has anyone had a problem with premature replacement of the backup battery? I have to replace the battery at least once a month. :(

Kacey Green
05-08-2004, 04:51 AM
I've only owned devices without replaceable backup batteries

Kati Compton
05-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Has anyone had a problem with premature replacement of the backup battery? I have to replace the battery at least once a month. :(
Which Dell?

I only have that problem when I let my Axim X5 drain the battery (ie, spend too many days between charges).

jpaq
05-12-2004, 04:28 AM
I had that problem until I replaced it, and upgraded to the most current ROM. Since then I have ordered and purchased the WM2003 Upgrade disk, installed it successfully and continued to have better performance.

Itend to think there was a problem with the drain in a previous ROM.

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 03:20 PM
this is not normal. the device uses backup battery only the main power reaches to 0.

chunkymonkey75
05-22-2004, 05:56 PM
I used to support the Axim X5 where I work and this was a common problem. Usually it was because the customer waited too long between charges. (backup battery is not rechargable). Updating to the latest ROM corrected many of those problems. I had to send a couple of them back to Dell because of this problem as well.

David Prahl
05-25-2004, 03:20 AM
I had that problem until I replaced it, and upgraded to the most current ROM.

Bingo, methinks. I was having strange battery issues until I upgraded to a new 2002 ROM.

xbalance
06-30-2004, 05:36 PM
I have been getting the backup battery warning regularily for a very long time. I replaced the battery once but it was only a matter of a few days before I got the message again. It is assuredly something wrong with the Axim X5 since I never let my unit get below 40% before re-charging. Also, the backup battery will return to 100% after I charge the unit. It is a pain in the butt but throwing money at batteries is not the answer.

Is there a way to supress the backup battery is low notification? I could not find a way.

Kati Compton
06-30-2004, 06:05 PM
You may want to check to see that it's in there firmly? I think a few people early on (including me) had problems where the contact wasn't good at first with the backup battery so it was being read incorrectly...