View Full Version : how do i set PI to be my default PIM?

zilla31
05-07-2004, 09:31 PM
i'm using dashboard the quick-launches are mapped to PI's shortcuts, as are my 4155's hard buttons, but when i press the "new" menu in the bottom left of screen, all of the options (new appt., new contact, etc.) are mapped to the original PIMs - how can i change these? thanks a mil.

Ripper014
05-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't use Pocket Informant enough to know for sure... but if you go into your "Settings/Menu" you will see a second tab that says "New Menu" from there you can select what you want in that particular menu.

zilla31
05-07-2004, 11:07 PM
damn! that's it thanks. i've been there but sometimes i just space out on second tabs :roll:

ironguy
05-08-2004, 09:07 AM
In PI, tap the PI symbol, tap 'Support', and tap "Override System PIM Shortcuts'. This will change all the PIM shortcuts on your PPC to PI.

zilla31
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
thanks a mil that worked like a charm. they should have put that in the options section :roll:

dh
05-08-2004, 01:56 PM
I had to hunt down that option recently as well. I'm sure it used to be in the options menu where it was easier to find, but is buried more deeply in the newer versions. Seems odd to hide it in the support menu.

ironguy
05-09-2004, 10:59 AM
When you install or upgrade PI, there's a setup screen tht has this option on it. Seems like you would set it then and not play with it again. Maybe that's the logic behind the tucked away option.

zilla31
05-09-2004, 02:21 PM
yeah my problem was i first installed it to evaluate it - and at that time i didn't WANT it set to everything... eventually decided i was going to keep it, and then i did want to set it :mrgreen: still once you know where it is it's no sweat.

tanalasta
05-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Already mentioned in the above threads but there are two ways to ensure PI is your default PIM:

1. Override PIM shortcuts during install by ticking all the relevant boxes.
2. Do it from the support menu afterwards.

The great thing about PI is you can repair/reinstall the program using the installer without changing or losing any information. So if it ever breaks (or if you're upgrading a version even), you can just re-run an installer without uninstalling first - and tick all the PIM override boxes then :)