View Full Version : best site(s) for daily PPC news?

zilla31
05-07-2004, 07:20 PM
i'm a recent convert from the palm world and i really miss my updated many times daily news/software/etc. fix that i used to get from PDA24/7. what are the best PPC sites for daily reading to learn about news, software to try, reviews, etc.??

besides our beloved PPC thoughts of course!!!

THANKS!

Zack Mahdavi
05-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, Pocket PC Thoughts is the best of course!

Other Pocket PC sites that I visit include www.pocketpcpassion.com, www.brighthand.com, and www.thegadgeteer.net.

zilla31
05-07-2004, 07:33 PM
i agree PPC toughts is the best i've found... but one is never enough over a long work day :)

hook 'em.

Zack Mahdavi
05-07-2004, 07:48 PM
hook 'em.

Hook 'em! Are you from Austin as well?

zilla31
05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
born and bred. i live in VA now though :(

whydidnt
05-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Try www.pocketpctools.com. They post a lot of the same kind of stuff as PDA24/7 does, though not quite as frequently. I haven't seen a PPC focused site that updates as frequently as PDA24/7, but there is probably one out there that I haven't stumbled across yet. Also, its MS owned and edited but www.pocketpc.com has fairly frequent updates too.

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I just left VA not too long ago, I'm looking for a way back now. :wink:

Pony99CA
05-09-2004, 09:33 AM
i'm a recent convert from the palm world and i really miss my updated many times daily news/software/etc. fix that i used to get from PDA24/7. what are the best PPC sites for daily reading to learn about news, software to try, reviews, etc.??
For more sites than you'll ever want to read, check the News section (http://links.svpocketpc.com#LINKS_NEWS) and General section (http://links.svpocketpc.com#LINKS_GENERAL) on my Web site. While many of the General sites have news, the News sites tend to have three characteristics:

News featured prominently on the home page
Regular news updates (although I haven't checked some of them in a while)
I checked them regularly at one time or another (before I got so many that I couldn't)

Steve

zilla31
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
wow thanks steve - tons of links to check out here... appreciate it!

dh
05-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I check only a few sites regularly.
Obviously here which I consider the best site for mobile devices.
Brighthand, for coverage of other devices.
Zaurus User Group for Z news and discussion. www.zaurususergroup.com

I'm also going to have to start checking out www.pocketnow.com. I followed one of the links from here and it looks to be a good site with plenty of info. A couple of regulars from PPCT write there too.

jnajera
05-09-2004, 03:09 PM
My home is definely Brighthand.

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Blashphemy, jnajera :wink:

Pony99CA
05-10-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm also going to have to start checking out www.pocketnow.com. I followed one of the links from here and it looks to be a good site with plenty of info. A couple of regulars from PPCT write there too.
As one of those people, we'd appreciate it. :-D Pocket PC Thoughts is still the best site for news, I think, but pocketnow has a lot of excellent reviews.

Steve

jake080
05-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Hook 'em! Are you from Austin as well?

I AM!!!

:)

Raynne
05-10-2004, 04:11 PM
The PDA section of Watchster (http://www.watchster.com) is pretty good.

PocketPC Addict
05-10-2004, 08:53 PM
We update www.pocketpcaddict.com between 7 and 14 times a day with new Pocket PC news.

Kowalski
05-12-2004, 09:14 AM
My home is definely Brighthand.
i dont get it, most of the time i see something like "brighthand is the best" but i find that the site is updated rarely compared to others

Janak Parekh
05-13-2004, 02:31 AM
i dont get it, most of the time i see something like "brighthand is the best" but i find that the site is updated rarely compared to others
Brighthand still has the most active device-specific forums, and it's a valuable resource as such. :) Personally, though, I find myself needing to visit it less, as the "brain trust" here knows more and more. ;)

--janak