View Full Version : In the market for PPC - have questions.

drewday
05-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Looking for a PPC possibly - have a few questions though - any feed back would be appericated.

Questions:
Will any other PPC manufacturer be releasing a VGA screened PPC?
Does WM2k3 feature Journal tracking?
Do notes sync with Outlook 2k3?
Does offline IE content sync with PocketIE?
Does PocketIE support Java?
What is the difference between WM2k3 and WM2k3 Premium?
What like about the Palm T3 was how responsive everything is. Can I expect the same kind of performance from a PPC like the Toshiba e805? (what I don’t like about the T3 is that it doesn’t come with wifi – doh!)

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Looking for a PPC possibly - have a few questions though - any feed back would be appericated.

Questions:
Do notes sync with Outlook 2k3?
Does offline IE content sync with PocketIE?
Does PocketIE support Java?
What is the difference between WM2k3 and WM2k3 Premium?
What like about the Palm T3 was how responsive everything is. Can I expect the same kind of performance from a PPC like the Toshiba e805? (what I don’t like about the T3 is that it doesn’t come with wifi – doh!)

More than likely.

I don't know about the OS itself but Pocket Informant does. Maybe Agenda Fusion (I didn't like it so couldn't tell you much about it)

Do notes sync with Outlook 2k3? Notes from Outlook 2003 will sync, but not notes from the PPC, it uses a different format from the desktop version

Does offline IE content sync with PocketIE? Yes if you tell it to.

Does PocketIE support Java? Desktop IE dosen't support Java without downloading it from sun. So I'm assuming PIE is the same, It does support Java Script used on many web pages.

What is the difference between WM2k3 and WM2k3 Premium? What is installed in ram, with Pro the extra apps come on CD if your manufacturer wants to do that, with Premium they apps come preinstalled in your ROM.

I don't know I haven't used either of those devices. The two opportunities I had I didn't because the first time there was no battery charge in the device, the second there was a broken screen on the device (WTF) why do people do this kind of stuff? and don't tell me W?BIC it doesn't apply here it wasn't their device.

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 02:26 PM
I found this while cruzin' the boards

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27725&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

drewday
05-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Pocket Informant looks amazing - esp the VGA screen shots - wow, thanks for the link.