View Full Version : Did you try for the Review Team?

Ryan Joseph
05-07-2004, 02:09 AM
With all the talk on the Review Team topic (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26355), I was curious as to just how many of us sent in a sample review in hopes of getting on the team.

Shadowcat
05-07-2004, 03:01 AM
I would have but it was during my exam period. Now it's too late for me to apply! :cry:

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 03:39 AM
I did :)

What did everyone write on?

ctmagnus
05-07-2004, 05:42 AM
I didn't but I would very much have liked to.

I have done some very well-recieved articles in the past, but I sometimes find it almost painfully difficult to get started. I'd hate to get asked to write a review and then not be able to finish it on time.

nosmohtac
05-07-2004, 05:51 AM
I woud have liked to, because I'm very opinionated on many things, including Pocket Pc hardware. I don't think I would have made the cut though. There are many members here who are very good at putting their thoughts in to the written word. My spelling is excellent, but my grammar is far from perfect.

Good Luck to all those who submitted.

Pony99CA
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
I voted yes, but I didn't submit a review this time; I submitted one back in late 2002 when Jason was putting together the review team. Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut. Just as well, because I would have had to give up my screen name (and would never have reached Guru status). :lol:

However, writing that first review for Pocket PC Thoughts provided the impetus to start writing more reviews. Now I do reviews for my own site (http://reviews.svpocketpc.com) and pocketnow (http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_browse&t=reviews).

Steve

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Why would you have not reach guru status?
I didn't lose any posts when my screen name was changed.

Edit: Except that one that disapeared from the front page with my screenshot. I'm not bitter, I just don't understand why a front page post would be deleted.

Pony99CA
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
When you become a member of the Pocket PC Thoughts team, you get a title indicating your position that has nothing to do with your posting level. Had I been selected to join the review team, my title would have been "Thoughts Review Team".

The post count will continue to increase, of course; you just don't get new titles as it does.

Edit: Except that one that disapeared from the front page with my screenshot. I'm not bitter, I just don't understand why a front page post would be deleted.
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you aren't part of the Pocket PC Thoughts team, you can't post on the home page.

Steve

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 01:52 PM
When you become a member of the Pocket PC Thoughts team, you get a title indicating your position that has nothing to do with your posting level. Had I been selected to join the review team, my title would have been "Thoughts Review Team".

The post count will continue to increase, of course; you just don't get new titles as it does.

This is true, I thought you were saying that changing your name alone would have this effect, sorry for my sleep induced stupior. Now that I'm awake, yes everyone affiliated with TM has a static title.
So whats the problem with having a static title?

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you aren't part of the Pocket PC Thoughts team, you can't post on the home page.
Steve

Cool! Janak, please post.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 4/28/04 7:19:34 AM
To: "[email protected]"<[email protected]>
Subject: Wifi hard drive

IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Message from ckacey:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27403

Credit for news find: Credit Len M. for this news find

after this another news item (a screenshot of my browser window shoing iPAQ 6300 in a menu on the hp site) I sent directly to Jason was up on the front page. However that afternoon it was nowhere to be found. So I didn't post to the front page, I replied to that thread, and when it disapeared, my post went with it :(

Kevin C. Tofel
05-07-2004, 02:19 PM
I wrote "half" of a review....didn't get it finished in time. Why???? US TAX DAY!!!! 8O

I'm guessing a non-U.S. taxpaying citizen picked the due date to conincide with the most STRESSFUL day we have in the states....4/15...TAX DAY!!!

:wink:

Maybe I'll finish the review up and submit it on 4/14/2005.....

Best of luck to those who submitted!

KCT

Pony99CA
05-07-2004, 04:29 PM
I didn't say there was any problem with a static title; I just said having one would prevent me from getting Guru status.

Steve

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 04:50 PM
after this another news item (a screenshot of my browser window shoing iPAQ 6300 in a menu on the hp site) I sent directly to Jason was up on the front page. However that afternoon it was nowhere to be found. So I didn't post to the front page, I replied to that thread, and when it disapeared, my post went with it :(
I believe there was a request to take the iPAQ post down; contact Jason privately if you want to continue this discussion.

As for the ASUS WiFi hard drive, it's still in my queue of posts to be done. Sorry, I'll get to it soon.

--janak

Shadowcat
05-07-2004, 06:41 PM
I believe there was a request to take the iPAQ post down; contact Jason privately if you want to continue this discussion.

As for the ASUS WiFi hard drive, it's still in my queue of posts to be done. Sorry, I'll get to it soon.

--janak

ASUS WiFi hard drive? Way cool! As for the disappearance of the thread....."HP is getting better at rumour control," as bnycastro said here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30).

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I didn't say there was any problem with a static title; I just said having one would prevent me from getting Guru status.

Steve

OK, I understand now.

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 07:38 PM

--janak

Thanks for the info, Janak, are you able to tell me who requested it come down?

Steven Cedrone
05-07-2004, 08:03 PM
contact Jason privately if you want to continue this discussion.

Thanks for the info, Janak, are you able to tell me who requested it come down?

Contact Jason privately to continue this discussion...

Steve

Kacey Green
05-08-2004, 05:30 AM
sorry I missed that line, I'll contact him