View Full Version : Windows CE 3.0 Device Owners - Help appreciated for a quick question about RAM/ROM

Blue Sky Miner
05-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Could I please ask all you owners of Windows CE devices a quick question about the RAM and ROM on the devices?

Could I ask you what device you have, how much RAM the device is supposed to have, how much RAM you have access to, and how much Built In Storage (ROM storage) you have available?

I have been told that on CE 3.0 you can either lose some of your RAM from the Kernel image and have a ROM storage area, or you can have all your RAM and no ROM storage area. I would like to see if this is true in existing CE 3.0 devices.

You help is much appreciated. :D

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 05:29 AM
My i700 (PPC2k2) has 64MB of RAM, 32MB of ROM (I believe). I can access 59.86MB of main memory, and 5.61MB of SafeStore.

Is that useful? Note that I'm running a Phone Edition device. Sounds like your hypothesis works for this...

--janak

Blue Sky Miner
05-07-2004, 05:34 AM
Thanks Janak. I was really looking for 'pure' Windows CE 3.0 devices, especially HPCs, but anything based on CE 3.0 (PPC2002) would be usefull. :D