View Full Version : I'm going Nuts!!!!!! (help please)

Noghri_ViR
05-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I have a Dell Axim x5 w/PPC2002. I installed the updated driver for the Netgear MA701 Wi-Fi card I've had a host of problems. First off when I put the card into the CF slot it comes up and says it's an unreconized card. Anyone else have this problem when they updated the drivers from the PPC02 release canidate to the final version?

Second whenever I turn on my Axim I get the "Cannot Connect" warning bubble poping up every few seconds. It seem that there's nothing I can do to get it to go aways and I don't even have the Wi-FI card inserted. It's making my device pretty much useless. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this, before I throw it aganist the wall?

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

:alfdance:

arnage2
05-06-2004, 06:06 PM
ull have far less problems with wifi/cards if u upgrade to ppc 2003

Noghri_ViR
05-06-2004, 06:10 PM
ull have far less problems with wifi/cards if u upgrade to ppc 2003

you know I think that's what I have. It's whatever the A05 Rom. Under the about screen it says Version 4.20.1081 (build 13100)

Kati Compton
05-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Moved to Wireless

Steven Cedrone
05-06-2004, 07:17 PM
I have a Dell Axim x5 w/PPC2002. I installed the updated driver for the Netgear MA701 Wi-Fi card I've had a host of problems. First off when I put the card into the CF slot it comes up and says it's an unreconized card. Anyone else have this problem when they updated the drivers from the PPC02 release canidate to the final version?

Second whenever I turn on my Axim I get the "Cannot Connect" warning bubble poping up every few seconds. It seem that there's nothing I can do to get it to go aways and I don't even have the Wi-FI card inserted. It's making my device pretty much useless. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this, before I throw it aganist the wall?

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

:alfdance:

You could always do a hard reset and start from scratch!

Steve

Noghri_ViR
05-06-2004, 07:18 PM
You could always do a hard reset and start from scratch!

Steve

I've been thinking of doing that, but I thought I would try before I resorted to that.

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 05:03 AM
I've been thinking of doing that, but I thought I would try before I resorted to that.
The thing is -- if you have a WM2003 device and used the PPC2002 drivers, it might not work correctly.

--janak

Noghri_ViR
05-07-2004, 07:45 AM
The thing is -- if you have a WM2003 device and used the PPC2002 drivers, it might not work correctly.

--janak

I had the 2003 drivers. With all these OS' with year numbers it's hard to remember which one I'm using and on what computer. Anyways I did a hard rest and the problem is now fixed. But I've had to waist all this time getting it back into working order