View Full Version : 4350/55 CF card reader

Fergus
05-05-2004, 02:54 PM
I have a nikon 4500 digital camera which uses CF cards and would like to be able to view the photos on the 43XX which I am about to buy. Does anyone know if there is anyway of doing this without the aid of a PC. I thought perhaps one could use one of those CF readers and have it connected by USB cable to the ipaq port so that the ipaq could read in the photos, not exactly rocket science. It would be so nice to be able to sit in a pub/bar at the end of a days walk and view the photos on the ipaq with friends without having to wait until you get home and turn on the PC.

I am an ex palm, psion user and have just decided to move over to pocket pc as the 4350 seems like a possible replacement for the psion 5mx in particular which i loved. So any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
Fergus

powder2000
05-05-2004, 03:16 PM
My only thought would be to use a cf to sd adapter for the camera then you could use the sd in the ipaq. I would think your camera would be able to do this, maybe someone else has some real world experience with this. A few companies should make this?????

powder2000
05-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Yep, do a pricegrabber search for cf to sd adapter and you will find one made by verbatum. It was about 35-40 bucks.

Fergus
05-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Well done thank you for that.

:)
Fergus

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 04:10 AM
Yep, do a pricegrabber search for cf to sd adapter and you will find one made by verbatum. It was about 35-40 bucks.
Be careful! Most SD-to-CF adapters (which is what I call it) cause the SD card to "stick out", so the solution won't fit in a camera. I think Minolta sells one where the SD card sits flush inside the CF adapter... so Fergus, look closely before you buy.

--janak

Fergus
05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes indeed Janak I am finding it a bit of a job to find the right sd-cf adaptor which will be flush so as to allow the camera door to close. Will have a look at the minolta and many thanks for the warning.

:D
Fergus

GSmith
05-08-2004, 05:11 PM
This link suggests the Minolta SD-CF1 is an adapter SD to CF that is "fully enclosed".

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=41186&highlight=read+cf