View Full Version : User Survey: Purchasing Power in Your Company

Jason Dunn
05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
This survey focuses around one specific thing: the purchasing power you have in your organization. This survey is for those of you who have budgets and are responsible for company purchases. If you don't have control of a budget in your company, please do not vote - click on the DISCUSS link to get the results. Thank you!

Perry Reed
05-05-2004, 06:39 PM
I entered, but now I have doubts that I selected the right option. It depends on what you mean by "authority". I recently recommended a purchase of software and training and selected a vendor (via a long process) for it, for around $300K. But I still had to have all of the usual upper management sign-offs. So does that count as "authority"?

BevHoward
05-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Where's the "less than $100" button?

Bill Gunn
05-05-2004, 08:55 PM
I do not believe that 43% of this sites visitors have PURCHASING authority in excess of $100,000. I think a lot of people are reporting their entire departmental budget. :roll:

welwyngc
05-06-2004, 04:58 AM
I do not believe that 43% of this sites visitors have PURCHASING authority in excess of $100,000. I think a lot of people are reporting their entire departmental budget. :roll:

Kati Compton
05-06-2004, 05:50 AM
Well, I can purchase any reasonable and useful equipment I want, provided I can get three bids and have grant money for it...

Jonathan1
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Right now the purchasing power I have is for gum, if I'm lucky, and even then the gum has to go through the approval chain taking about 6 weeks with 2 e-mails asking why I need gum and why I can't use the gum under my desk instead. They say IT spending is to increase 4% this year. If so I sure has heck haven't seen it yet.

Kati Compton
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Right now the purchasing power I have is for gum, if I'm lucky, and even then the gum has to go through the approval chain taking about 6 weeks with 2 e-mails asking why I need gum and why I can't use the gum under my desk instead. They say IT spending is to increase 4% this year. If so I sure has heck haven't seen it yet.
Hey - that's 4% more gum!

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 05:01 AM
provided I can get three bids and have grant money for it...
Let alone waiting for the University's purchase department. We've waited MONTHS, and have often gotten only things done by needling them. :| Jonathan, at least in your case it's IT's budget. Here, the University takes a lot of time to spend our money. :roll:

--janak