View Full Version : all data deleted on cf trough cf expansion pack

atv
05-04-2004, 04:46 PM
so i got this expansion pack for reading cf from my camera, with an extra battery for my ipaq 5500. all is well. i can read all the photographs, movies etc. life is great.

then all of a sudden, upon returning from standby, it says that i can't read the card, fsf.exe execution problem (i think that's fsecure filecrypto, i occasionally get these things but i'm pretty sure it has to do with memory).
and if i would like to format this card?

ofcourse, i click no, because there 128m of digital photographs on there. and what does happen to my surprise, everything is gone! in case you're wondering if i clicked yes per accident, upon returning the cf to my camera is says: card not formatted.

so it didn't format, but the data is gone anyway. either it did some action when i pressed "no" anyway, or something else happened before that, equally explaining why i got the message on my ipaq asking if i wanted to format it so it could read it.

i'm having a motion of distrust now against the cf slot. is there some way of locking the data (maybe on the camera) or ?

also, as i got this extra battery on there, how do i notice this on the ipaq? because i don't.

thanks for reading. anyone else having or had these problems?

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Which expansion pack did you get?

--janak

szamot
05-09-2004, 06:44 AM
unless there is something phisically wrong with the card, there are many ways of getting your stuff back, even if you formated the card a number of times. No worries.

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 06:52 AM
any suggestions, i know of a few that actuly work on the PC, but all the ones I tried on the PPC didn't work.

szamot
05-09-2004, 06:56 AM
I would consider using a PC because they are a lot faster. As far as programs go I use Encase, but you can try using OnTrack or GetFatBack etc. they work quite well.

Kacey Green
05-09-2004, 06:59 AM
what were your experiances with them? are they free or inexpencive

szamot
05-09-2004, 07:08 AM
the first one, Encase, is stupid expansive but if you are doing forensic data recovery then that's the way to go, the other ones work really well as well and sometimes I use them as well, the best part is that they are quite inexpansive.