View Full Version : Was I lost in the cracks by Pocket PC Techs?

Wiggster
05-04-2004, 07:00 AM
If you've read my signature, you know that I've got myself an iPAQ 1935. I've been in the mood for an upgrade,, and thought that the 128 MB upgrade over at Pocket PC Techs (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/) would be quite handy. Unfortunately, they only list the 1940/45 in the memory upgrade. So I use the Contact Page (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/contact.asp) and fire off a simple question about whether or not I could get the upgrade. That was back in November or so, and I never got a reponse (or my mail server ate it, which is possible, but not too likely). So two or three weeks ago, I fire off another email when it piques my interest again. I wait about a week for a response, and find none. So I call their Toll-free number and leave a short message about my query, and my telephone number. That was over a week ago.

Now, I've heard nothing but good things about PPCTechs, so I'm not angry and threatening to never use them again (which would be silly since I've never had a chance TO use them). But I AM a little curious. I'm sure a large number of the people here have used PPCTechs, so I'm fairly sure a few have contacted them or called for technical support. What has your response been when you've contacted them? Surely a company with this much praise has phenominal support and is easy-to-reach. However, they didn't respond to any of the two (or possibly three, I think I used the form twice last year) emails I sent via their own contact form, and didn't get a response from calling and leaving my phone number. I know many instances of that being unacceptable in business, so I'm just looking for some more positive reviews of customer support.

Alternatively, anyone know if it's possible to get the memory upgrade for the 1935 series? If so, I'd just order it and ship my iPAQ to them and let the communication issue be inconsequential :mrgreen:

Ripper014
05-04-2004, 06:33 PM
It seems to me that as a consumer you have done more than your part. Obviously there is a problem on the part of PPCTechs... not to worry though now that it has been posted here I am sure you will soon receive some sort of answer and explanation.

Wiggster
05-04-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm not quite worried about an explanation, and I'm not TOO upset about this, I was just wondering what everyone else's opinion on PPCTechs and customer support was. They seem like a fantastic company, and I just assumed my experience was an anomoly. Hence my post here to get some other opinions from (un?)happy PPCTechs customers.

ctmagnus
05-05-2004, 03:09 AM
My (limited) experience is that their support is excellent and speedy. I suspect that your case is anomoly, perhaps someone was a little too heavy-handed with the delete key.

JustinGTP
05-05-2004, 03:17 AM
... perhaps someone was a little too heavy-handed with the delete key.

But three times over? Man, the must really have something against adwingall!

ctmagnus
05-05-2004, 03:32 AM
:oops: , forgot about the multiple times thing. Rereading adwignalls post and paying attention to the number of times he contacted them, it does seem strange. Perhaps thair voice mail has spam filtering enabled? ;)

ctmagnus
05-05-2004, 03:36 AM
They have an employee who posts here often, I believe Leonard Wesson aka lwesson. I'd try pm'ing him at this point, maybe indicating this thread.

pootp
05-05-2004, 04:18 AM
Just keep calling.. Their number is toll free anyway.. Someone is bound to pick up eventually..

Wiggster
05-05-2004, 06:38 AM
I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow during business hours, see if I get a response.

But honestly, 2 emails and 1 voice message isn't a large amount. If they DID try and contact me, it's possible I just never got it. I relaly suspect that I'm just unlucky... if they keep track of who they contact, I'd be pleased as punch to find out that they HAVE emailed/called me back, and the problem is somehow on MY end. I'm still planning on getting a memory upgrade and some WriteShields... unless I find a good deal on an iPAQ 5500 series or the new Toshibas... I'm starting to get the new PDA itch.

Dave Potter
05-05-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm starting to get the new PDA itch.

What! 8O

You're not thinking of retiring MY.. er - I mean YOUR baby are you??!?!

:cry: :bawl: :cry:

(For those of you who do not know, Wiggy bought his 1935 off me 4 or 5 months ago)

Wiggster
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm starting to get the new PDA itch.

What! 8O

You're not thinking of retiring MY.. er - I mean YOUR baby are you??!?!

:cry: :bawl: :cry:

(For those of you who do not know, Wiggy bought his 1935 off me 4 or 5 months ago)

Wow, was it that long ago? Time sure flies...

And no, it's not a replacement Pocket PC. My better half is moving in with me in about five weeks, and she seems to like my little 1935 quite a bit (possibly only because of a certain game (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,22830). So my choices will be either give up my PDA when I'm in bed to let her play some games and surf the web, or get a His and Hers system going.

But I don't want to spend too much on a new PDA, so getting the 128 MB upgrade to my RAM might just hold me over a bit.

Ripper014
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
I feel your pain.. mine significant other seem to be addicted to Triad...

Kacey Green
05-05-2004, 09:57 PM
ain't that cute :ppclove:

Give me that D**n PPC :agrue:

:lol: probably nothing like that right?