View Full Version : Voice recorder. Mp3 instead of wav?

jook00
05-04-2004, 05:12 AM
How can I make recorder record in mp3 instead of wav? i heard there is a freeware program for this

Trimac20
05-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Yes, its called 'NoteM' and I got it from FreewarePPC.com. Just do a search on 'NoteM' - anyway I think it's under the 'utlities' section. A great little program, although far from perfect. For one (a major one) I don't think you can choose the recording quality (bit-rate, frequency.etc). Unless that the rate is controlled in the options panel under Notes, then you'd be restricted to small mono-file: in other words not good enough to record music.
A roundabout way is just recording to WAV and then converting the files to MP3 after you've saved them on your pc harddrive.

Chris Spera
05-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Resco Audio Recorder will also record MP3's; but you have to have a PPC with an xScale Processor to get the encoding, and it isn't free; but its a great app...

Blue Zero
05-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Another problem with "NoteM" is that it cannot record with the screen turn off... which will kill off battery

What I really mean is that it will shut itself off after your "set off" timer once you start recording...
unlike Resco where the PPC remain on power

Kowalski
05-05-2004, 02:33 PM
notem is the program i use all the time. give it a try