View Full Version : help! activesyncing on 2 computers

John Collins
05-03-2004, 05:46 PM
I am looking to set up an activesync on 2 computers so I can have all my work and personal info on my ipaq. I have not even begun to try to set this up, so I do not even know if such a thing is easily possible. But I would like to keep my personal info at least hidden from my network outlook at work, is there a way that this can be done globally, or do I now have to select all of my personal info as 'private' before acvitesyncing to my work computer. any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

waterboy
05-03-2004, 10:11 PM
I use ActiveSync to sync files between my home computer and work computer, for such things as Favorites, RoboForm password and identity files, and other application files that I desire to have on my iPaq and one or both of my computers. (I moved my Favorites from the default location to the "iPaq My Documents" folder on both PC's, using, I think, Tweak UI.)

You can only sync with Outlook on one computer, though. I sync with Outlook at work, and then set up a POP3/SMTP connection to my personal email on the iPaq. So, my personal email can be updated when I sync with either computer, but my work email only gets synced at work.

For the most part, it works pretty well for me. :D

Good Luck!