View Full Version : Travel software

prismejon
05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
My class is going on an excursion to Beijing (China) this summer, and I'm of course bringing my PocketPC :D. So I am wondering if anyone has some good advice on what software I should acquire before we leave.

I think I saw a free subway-map application somewhere, maybe there’s one for Beijing.

Thanks!

Zack Mahdavi
05-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Do you have WorldMate? I suggest you purchase that. You can quickly view different time zones, see up to date weather, do currency conversions, and update clothing sizes for different regions. It's a must have for international traveling!

Jeff Rutledge
05-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Trip Tracker (www.twopeaks.com)is a great way to track all of your flights, hotels, etc.

ATraveler
05-03-2004, 12:15 AM
The app you are refering to is called MetrO and is available at pocketgear and (I think) Handango. When I dl'ed it was freeware. It has data on metro systems around the world. I can't say for sure if it has Beijing, but at that price why not dl and see for yourself? :D

Deltrevan
05-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Do you have WorldMate? I suggest you purchase that. You can quickly view different time zones, see up to date weather, do currency conversions, and update clothing sizes for different regions. It's a must have for international traveling!

Plus, worldmate is on sale right now for $5 off, making it $24.95.