View Full Version : How do I set up/ what do I neeed? Ipaq 4150

pitterpat
05-01-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't think the instructions are very good so I'm asking here. I want to be able to setup my 4150 to be able to take advantage of hot spots and my wireless network at home.
I have a desktop and laptop with a Netgear MR314 router and the corresponding wireless card in my laptop. How or what site can I go to that will take me through step-by-step to setup my 4150 to take advantage of my wireless connection. I already went into my router's setup to be able to take signals from my 4150 (security). My router can only be accesed by my laptop and 4150 cards.

What do I need to do to be able to access hotspots? do I need to get an extra ISP or what....also setup?

Thanks, Pat

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 06:30 AM
You don't need any additional hardware or ISPs. Simply turn the WLAN on the iPAQ on and configure it for the wireless network you have. If it doesn't find it automatically, tap the network connections icon on the Start bar, right to the left of the speaker icon, choose Settings => Advanced => Network Card and program your wireless network's settings on the Wireless tab.

There's a little more to it than that, but see if you get that far first and how well it works at that point. :)

--janak

pitterpat
05-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Start bar, right to the left of the speaker icon, choose Settings => Advanced => Network Card and program your wireless network's settings on the Wireless tab.

There's a little more to it than that, but see if you get that far first and how well it works at that point. :)

--janak

OK, After I did that (S/A/N) this is what it shows: *=wireless tower symbol
"Add New Settings"
* 2WIRE314 Connected (somehow showed up)
* 2WIRE864 Available (Somehow showed up)
* pitterpat Available ( I put this one in)

I still can not surf though. I figured out how to connect each of the settings but when I try to access an internet page I get the a couple of things: 1. I see the Microsoft flag in the upper right hand corner. 2. I get the error mesg. "The page you are looking for cannot be found".

Ok, help what do I do next? thanks, Pat

pitterpat
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
TTT

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Which one is listed as "Connected"? It sounds like the 2Wire units are nearby to your place. You have to make sure yours is the one that's connected, first of all.

Also, do the bidirectional arrows at the top change from an "X" to just the full-length arrows?

--janak