View Full Version : Space Trader!

billbuckner
05-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Space Trader for Pocket PC has been released; get it at www.pocketpcfreewares.com
For those who don't know, Space Trader is an ultra-addictive game for the Pocket PC which is like a super-complex version of Dope Wars. Such a simple game, and a ton of replay value.

torgamm
05-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the link but you do not get anything at PocketPCFreewares ;)
We only maintain a database with links to developers' sites and our opinion on the software.

Kati Compton
05-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh no - I spent too much time playing that on a BBS once...

Next you'll be telling me there's Infinity Complex or whatever it was called.

Pat Logsdon
05-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh no - I spent too much time playing that on a BBS once...

Next you'll be telling me there's Infinity Complex or whatever it was called.
I was a Trade Wars guy myself...way back in the WWIV days. Such a long time ago... :wink:

Ripper014
05-04-2004, 06:40 PM
This has been around for while here is the home page... fun and addictive game... Goes to show that a game does not need to be all flash... having some substance can take you a long way... Now we just need to sit and wait to see what Space Trek has to offer...

http://www.spacetrader.co.uk/st/

Zack Mahdavi
05-04-2004, 06:56 PM
I was addicted to Dope Wars on my old Palms.... I refuse to download Space Trader, as I know I will get addicted! I have finals coming up.. :)

David Prahl
05-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Yee-haw! :mrgreen:

If you need me, I'll be draining my battery.

Falstaff
05-05-2004, 01:09 AM
I was addicted to Dope Wars on my old Palms.... I refuse to download Space Trader, as I know I will get addicted! I have finals coming up.. :)

I know the feeling. Is it just me, or do other people with great games find themselves drawn into these simple games? I have AOE, Snails, Strategic Assault, and Argentum, but I keep going back and playing DopeWars and now Space Trader, games I used to play on a monochrome m105!

Stephen Beesley
05-05-2004, 12:40 PM
On no I can feel it happenning again - hours and hours devoted to cruising the galaxy......

Theo
05-05-2004, 08:00 PM
It gets even better- Games-art recently did an interview with Peter Balogh from PDAMill (here (http://www.games-art.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8)).

We're working on a number of cool new projects. Two of them are nearing completion now, a unique 3D racer game (maybe Wipe out is the closest in style) and an elite-like space fighter-trader simulator, built on the foundations of Anthelion. Both are scheduled for release in Q2

0X 0X 0X
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

More lost sleep - can't wait.

PS - before you look, nothing on PDAMill about this ... yet !

tanalasta
05-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Oooo I'm loking forward to an elite-style space game from PDAmill. Their products are all top notch :)
Thanks for getting me addicted to space trader. I just bought my own moon!!! :) At the price of me having a very very sore neck from looking at my PPC screen all day.

David Prahl
05-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Drained my X5's battery yesterday playing it. And that's not easy to do with a 1440 mAh battery! :oops:

Kati Compton
05-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Drained my X5's battery yesterday playing it. And that's not easy to do with a 1440 mAh battery! :oops:
Yeah... I'm currently draining my Axim's battery on Gilbert Goodmate. At least, when I'm not doing professory things like writing finals and preparing review notes.

David Prahl
05-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah... I'm currently draining my Axim's battery on Gilbert Goodmate. At least, when I'm not doing professory things like writing finals and preparing review notes.

That could make for an interesting final exam... :lol: