View Full Version : IPAQ 1940 ROM Update

jad
04-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I have been trying to download the latest ROM Update from HP website for almost 1 month now. Everytime I click the download button, I get the "page not found bla bla" error.
Any suggestions please?

Steven Cedrone
04-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Whenever I have problems with HP web pages and broken links, I email them (there should be a contact link on the page) and let them know which page was broken. They usually fix it and email back within a short period of time...

Steve

hartgraves
04-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello,

The problem is with your Internet Explorer. I had a similair problem with my computer at home. The problem is that IE is trying to go to an FTP link and for some reason, (there are a few things that can cause this) it can't. There could have been a problem with the install of the OS, or file corruption, or FTP services may not be running, but something is causing that to occur. The simple solution is use an FTP program and connect to ftp.compaq.com. Use anonymous login. The directory is /pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500 and the name of the file that you need to download is SP26263.exe

jad
05-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Hello,

The problem is with your Internet Explorer. I had a similair problem with my computer at home. The problem is that IE is trying to go to an FTP link and for some reason, (there are a few things that can cause this) it can't. There could have been a problem with the install of the OS, or file corruption, or FTP services may not be running, but something is causing that to occur. The simple solution is use an FTP program and connect to ftp.compaq.com. Use anonymous login. The directory is /pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500 and the name of the file that you need to download is SP26263.exe

Thanks for the tip. Actually the problem was due to the fact that I am using a firewall AND a DSL modem. This requires that you check the "use passive ftp (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility)" option in the advanced internet options of MSIE.