View Full Version : Settle or wait

Deus
04-30-2004, 06:25 AM
I am now sadly Pocket PC-less. I dropped my 5555 and its fried. Thank god I had a coverage plan BUT, I am covered for an exchange and I checked for the availability of the 5555 where I have the exchange program and there are none available!! I tried 3 States around me and not one is available!!! I will have a $700 gift certificate, but what do I do???

Should I settle for a 4355 or wait for something else?

Your opinion?

Trimac20
04-30-2004, 03:04 PM
The way I see it, you actually got a better deal because in my opinion the 4350 is superior to the 5550. Perhaps not in specs, but in functionality. In fact, the 5550 is about as long as the 4350, but the 4350 is much slimmer and lighter and includes the integrated keyboard. I don't think there's
much point waiting for the 6000series unless you need the phone capability.

Deus
04-30-2004, 03:42 PM
The thing that kills me is I will be missing the 128MB and the fingerprint scanner which i do actually use It also looked like they were pulling off all the PDAs from their shelves. Is CompUSA ditching the PDA market?

Thinkingmandavid
04-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Have you attempted calling their customer service and having them do a nation wide search for what you want? if so then they can ship it to your location and you can use your certificate.
What methods have you used so far?

Deus
04-30-2004, 10:10 PM
I went down to the store today and has a floor guy double check and YES they had one!! I guess you can't believe what they tell you or what the online stats say!! I now have anew machine. Unfortunatly I have already found a dead pixel!!!

Zack Mahdavi
04-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Deus, congrats! So what do you think of the exchange program now? Is it worth it? Did CompUSA handle the exchange well?

Deus
04-30-2004, 11:50 PM
It took them 2 days because they needed to findd the receipt. I had lost it.

When I first brought it in they told me dropping wasn't covered. I quickly referred them to the page that states dropping is not covered EXCEPT for PDAs.

They then wen't right ahead. I am satisfied ;) Just wish I didn't get one with a dead pixel!