View Full Version : Any PC Gamers here?

Falstaff
04-30-2004, 02:53 AM
I've seen some people mention gaming in their posts, and wondered how many gamers (real games, aka PC games, excluding solitare :D ) there are in this community and what games you play. I play Day of Defeat (a Half-Life mod) pretty much exclusively. I tried out some games my brother had (Mafia, Hitman 2), but I didn't really like them. I do enjoy playing American Conquest sometimes though. I had GTA Vice City, and beat it, but my brother lost one of the CDs, so I have to get it again, that was a great game, especially the soundtrack. I usually play for at least an hour every school day, then a lot more on the weekend (with no social life I have plenty of time to game :roll: ).

Tierran
04-30-2004, 03:21 AM
I'm into Warcraft 3 and Unreal Tournament 2004 right now. UT is just awesome! :)

socrates63
04-30-2004, 05:12 AM
The poll says "I just play when I'm bored" but for me, it should say, "I just play when I can." When you have 2 little kids and a wife, it's difficult to spend time gaming. Nowadays, most of my gaming is done on the iPaq since gaming on the PDA is more compatible with my schedule and family life.

FPS pretty much rule the gamescape these days, and I look back when I first played Doom in college. But now that I'm almost 35, I can't play FPS anymore...I mean physically. I get nauseated even when I slow down the movement. I don't know how I got through Allied Assault but the last 4 FPS that I've tried, I got nauseous. :cry:

So now I stick to games less intense. It's sad but of course, when Doom 3 hits the streets, I'm gonna give FPS games another go. Can't miss this one.

Kati Compton
04-30-2004, 06:03 AM
I said 2-4... but that's not quite accurate. Lately it's 0. I'd LIKE to play 5-7. But I still wouldn't consider myself a "gamer". ;)

suddenly_ike
04-30-2004, 07:15 AM
I really like the fifa soccer series..Right now im playing fifa 2004.
I usually play the demo on the pc and when the game comes out on the xbox I buy it afterwards... :lol:

If you like to watch game reviews on your pocketpc, go to see:

http://www.pocketpcmedia.com/games.php3

You can watch various streaming videos about pc, xbox, ps2 and ppc games.
New games are added every day

juni
04-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Used to play CS quite a lot, but it is soo timeconsuming. I also like RTCW and other FPSs. :)

The Yaz
04-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Recently I was sticking to pocketpc games because it allowed me to continue playing as time permitted me.

Then my kids got me to buy them Yugioh! for the pc. It is a computer version of the card game that the kids are playing. My kids (7 & 4yrs old) enjoy it because it is turn based so they can follow the action.

What makes it addictive is that every time you win a match, you are awarded 1 to 3 new cards. This allows you to improve your deck even more.

This has led to moments when me and the kids are on the computer past bedtime trying to win that last match for the day...

Steve 8)

jake080
04-30-2004, 02:33 PM
well, for the text, the last applies to me, but uh, i just dont have much time to play these days, so on hours, i say 2-4 :(

right now, its all UT 2004, Soldner beta deno v2, NFS: U, and occasionally others.

~Jake

Jason Dunn
04-30-2004, 02:43 PM
I play most CRPGs now. I used to play multiplayer every Sunday for a few hours with a buddy of mine, then his wife had a baby and no more fun time for him... :? So now I play alone. :roll:

Kati Compton
04-30-2004, 03:42 PM
I play most CRPGs now.
My husband is very much into Baldur's Gate II and the modding community.

Pat Logsdon
04-30-2004, 04:10 PM
I've been playing the Medal of Honor games since they came out, in addition to all of the expansion packs. I haven't had much time to try out anything else for the last year or so, but I manage to squeeze in from 5 to 10 hours a week, usually at night before I go to bed or on the weekends.

One of these days I'll pick up Call of Duty, and I really can't wait until Doom 3 and Half Life 2 hit the shelves. 8)

draiken
04-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I play a lot, mostly RPG's, FPS also get me nauseated... (I don't think it has anything to do with age... but, maybe I'm wrong)

Mainly Knights of the Old Republic (damn it doesn't have multiplayer), Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, some Civilization III Conquests, and I've just got Sim City 4 and am dying to try it out (I've had no time to play in the last few days)

I also like the ocasional Star Wars Rebellion match (I know the game has very bad reviews, but actually I like it)

Jason if you wana multi some weekend let me know, I'll let some of my friends know :D

Falstaff
04-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I've been playing the Medal of Honor games since they came out, in addition to all of the expansion packs. I haven't had much time to try out anything else for the last year or so, but I manage to squeeze in from 5 to 10 hours a week, usually at night before I go to bed or on the weekends.

One of these days I'll pick up Call of Duty, and I really can't wait until Doom 3 and Half Life 2 hit the shelves. 8)

I still haven't had a chance to play Medal of Honor, though I really want to get it, a lot of people I know like it. I did play Call of Duty through on single player, but since it was a friend's copy, I couldn't do multi-player, I'm thinking about buying it though, the graphics and controls are great, and supposedly there are some pretty cool mp mods for it. I can't wait for HL2 either, I pre-ordered it off of Amazon last July :roll: and I just cancelled that a couple weeks ago finally.

ale2999
04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
o yes I am a gamer... and now that school is done I get to game even more. I have played the majority of fps, especially war fps.
in this genre I play mainly Operation flashpoint (the real infantry simulation).
But I also enjoy sports! I like the fifa games and just 2 days ago I picked up Toca Racing driver 2 which is an eccelent driving game with great driving physics. I am hooked.
Gamin is so much fun.....

Wiggster
04-30-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm into the FPSs (UT and Tribes being my favorites), but I've had to hang up my guns for the next 2 weeks. Broke my right wrist, so now I'm in a cast for a few weeks and unable to use a mouse at all. Le sigh.

Kowalski
05-05-2004, 02:34 PM
most of the people like playing games, but very time consuming for sure

Jason Dunn
05-05-2004, 04:24 PM
I just bought City of Heroes the other day, and it's pretty cool, although I didn't realize is was an MMORPG until I came home with it. I'm a bit dubious about paying $15 CND a month to use a game that I already paid $60 CND for...and the "missions" they have online are pretty weak. Lots of running around and kicking the bad guys. We'll see...

Dave Potter
05-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I play Soldier of Fortune 2 almost exclusively - but I have also played Medal of Honor. Between the two, I prefer SOF2 as it is much more realistic.