View Full Version : ActiveSync Problem

Touchdown
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm running the latest version of ActiveSynch with a iPAQ 3835 and Outlook 98 at work. I've been able to synch in the past with not problems, but now I'm not able to synch my Contacts, Calendar, or Notes. I'm getting the following error.

"Items of one or more information types cannot be synchronized. Disconnect and reconnect your device."

I've done that to no avail. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSynch. I've tried rebooting both the PDA and the computer.

I did some searching on Google and found some suggestions to try running scanpst.exe on my .pst or .ost files to find a corrupted file. I did that and apparently repaired a corrupted .ost file, but am still getting this message.

Any suggestions? This has become pretty frustrating!

Thanks

Jeff Rutledge
04-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I've also uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSynch. I've tried rebooting both the PDA and the computer.

Did you reboot in between? I had an issue once with my 3870 (and AS 3.5 I think) where the issue didn't go away until I removed AS, reboot and then reinstalled.

It's probably a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Touchdown
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Just tried to uninstall ActiveSync, rebooted both the PC and the PDA, then installed AS again.

Still doesn't want to synch Calendar, Notes or Contacts.

Jeff Rutledge
04-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Too bad. I didn't think it would work, but it was worth a shot.

It sounds like there's a data problem either with Outlook or on the device. To eliminate the device you'd need to hard reset (probably not something you're keen to do).

I would try to eliminate Outlook as the culprit first. I haven't used Outlook 98 in a long time, but I think you can just create a new Profile and try to sync that profile with your device. As long as you don't set it to replace the data on your iPAQ with that on Outlook, you won't lose any of your info.

If it works, you would at least know where to focus your efforts. You may be able to get around it by exporting your Outlook Data, recreating your Outlook profile and then importing the data back.

Either way, I'd be sure to take backups before going too far.

Good Luck!

clarkth
04-29-2004, 11:34 PM
I've had this problem with my iPaq 3835 for over a year. I've searched everywhere (including a post in this forum), and unfortunately, no solution has fixed this issue. I finally gave up syncing my computer at home with my PPC (and do file transfers via SD). I'll be upgrading my PPC at the end of this year, and I'm hoping the problem goes away. Let me know if you find a fix.

Touchdown
04-30-2004, 01:18 PM
I've had this problem with my iPaq 3835 for over a year. I've searched everywhere (including a post in this forum), and unfortunately, no solution has fixed this issue. I finally gave up syncing my computer at home with my PPC (and do file transfers via SD). I'll be upgrading my PPC at the end of this year, and I'm hoping the problem goes away. Let me know if you find a fix.

Intresting. It looks through my searching of the web and Newsgroups that there are others out there that have had this problem, but no one has found a solution for it.

Kind of makes the iPAQ useless for me. Arghhh

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Also try deleting and reestablishing your partnership.

--janak