View Full Version : Any more news on MPx ?

Shaun Stuart
04-28-2004, 08:44 PM
It seems to have gone quiet on the MPx news front - does anyone know if there is any news on pricing and availability - has anyone seen any more reviews/first impressions ?

Jason Dunn
04-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Nothing new yet - but as soon as there is, you'll see it on the front page, I can promise you that much. :mrgreen:

Fishie
04-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Urm yes there has been some news.

Its gonna include picsel viewer.

Awesome program used on some Clie´s as well as some Windows powered devices, only available to OEMs to incorporate in their hardware.

Nearly bought hardware just to have it.

Jason Dunn
04-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Its gonna include picsel viewer. Awesome program used on some Clie´s as well as some Windows powered devices, only available to OEMs to incorporate in their hardware.

Can you tell me more about it? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it before...

Shaun Stuart
04-29-2004, 10:41 PM
I was also intrigued so I searched the web and came up with this

http://www.picsel.com/picseltechnology.html

It looks like the viewer is a Repligo type application - useful but not the killer application suggested unless i am missing something.

Fishie
04-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Its gonna include picsel viewer. Awesome program used on some Clie´s as well as some Windows powered devices, only available to OEMs to incorporate in their hardware.

Can you tell me more about it? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it before...

I submitted the story about the MPx including Pcsel technology over a week ago to this site.
Links were in there.

Fishie
04-30-2004, 06:55 AM
I was also intrigued so I searched the web and came up with this

http://www.picsel.com/picseltechnology.html

It looks like the viewer is a Repligo type application - useful but not the killer application suggested unless i am missing something.

Its far more versatile and especially usefull on higher res screens as it can scale and resize everything insanely fast and handles all sorts of extensions out of the box, no need to convert, picsel just opens the original file.

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 05:05 AM
I've been meaning to put the Picsel info on the frontpage, I just haven't had a chance. :( Expect a post on it early next week. :)

--janak