View Full Version : PPC Security: POLL

tregnier
04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
I've been using the 4 number basic security feature of my WM2003 iPaq 3955. It's so easy just to put in the 4 digits instead of messing with the keyboard/whatever for a stronger alphanumeric password. The system is supposed to delay increasingly the length of time it takes to check the password should an incorrect password be entered; thereby thwarting attempts to gain access.

My question is...Is this really a fairly secure system? Should I be using the strong password instead? I've included a poll as well.

TIA!

iant54
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm using Omega One's 1-Pass, setting it to kick in after a period of time as I don't want to have to enter a password every time I switch on my PPC (which can sometimes be only seconds after I've switched it off when I remember something else I wanted to do).

Jeff Rutledge
04-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Four digit here. I'm also using a third party tool called Nice Start (www.trancreative.com) which basically skins the Password entry screen. It also allows you to map hardware buttons so that you can enter the password via HW buttons. (Tip: Don't map them to button 1,2,3,4). ;)

Kowalski
04-30-2004, 07:26 PM
silke plot for plotting functions
calc 98 as a scientific calculator

i use both heavily as a student of engineering of electronics

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 05:47 AM
Since I carry a Pocket PC Phone, I don't use the initial security -- I need to be able to dial quickly. Instead, anything confidential is locked in my eWallet.

--janak