View Full Version : Call List

cklaszlo
04-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm looking for an application that adds on to Outlook (Mobile 2003) where you can click on a contact and add them to a "Call List" but that it will sync up to the Desktop Outlook as well. Tasks wont work cause I want to Contact Name and their Phone# or at least a link to their contact card. If this could appear on the Home Page that would be great too.

GSmith
04-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Pocket Informant allows you to make multiple links to one appt or task. Set up an undated task called "Call list", then link appropriate contacts. Or multiple dated appts. Each as their own Call list for a specific day.

This might do the trick for you. I find that it is an excellent PIM.

The download and forums at www.pocketinformant.com are great.

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Pocket Informant allows you to make multiple links to one appt or task. Set up an undated task called "Call list", then link appropriate contacts. Or multiple dated appts. Each as their own Call list for a specific day.
Yes, but will those links sync? (I haven't used links in PI, so I have no clue...)

--janak

GSmith
05-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Yes, but will those links sync? (I haven't used links in PI, so I have no clue...)

--janak

Good question. I don't know for sure. I don't rely on the syncing mechanism, I rely and interact with calendar data primarily on my Pocket PC. The discussion on the PI forums suggests no links sync.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=3526&highlight=link+sync

Post subject: Syncing Link Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am evaluating PI.. (Very Cool)

I read elsewhere here on the forums that ActiveSync does not sync the link information in PI. I have verified this on my setup... If you create a calander event from contacts on the PPC it does show the link on the PPC but does not get transfered to Outlook. This info is very important to me as I need to view a list of contact activites in outlook.

Question is..
Are there any other sync utils that will sync the link information in PI with Outlook?

There is an FAQ at www.pocketinformant.com:

Post subject: Does Pocket Informant sync with Desktop Outlook/ActiveSync?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Pocket Informant syncs with the same software you would use to sync Pocket Outlook data.

Pocket Informant uses the Pocket Outlook databases so whatever syncs with Pocket Outlook works with Pocket Informant. If you uninstall Pocket Informant, your data is untouched.

Journal Sync is the only product we offer that relies on ActiveSync and Outlook on the desktop.