View Full Version : Thank you Jason, Steve, Janak, Kati and....

JackTheTripper
04-26-2004, 08:03 PM
... everyone who keeps this place running the way it does. Being a mod is a thankless job, I know. So just wanted to say thanks. You run a tight board. Keep nippin' those trolls in the bud. 8)

Jon Westfall
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I thank you guys as well, this is the most enjoyable board I post to due to the dilligence of the higherups.

manywhere
04-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Yep, gotta hand it to them all! :clap:
They're sure making the world a better place... ;)

Jason Dunn
04-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's always nice to know our efforts are appreciated. :D I've been on boards where the owners let things run wild by not being involved, and you end up with something more like USENET can be at times - chaotic and vicious. Pocket PC Thoughts is successful because of you, the awesome community that comes here and contributes, and because of the dedicated volunteers who are committed to making this site as good as it can possibly be!

jake080
04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I use Opera, and at all times the first tab is PPCT, one big reason... I love it! next biggest... it is extremely useful, easy to nav., and like 99% positive! Just simply wonderful!
thanks!
...if anyone was wondering, DMT is always the second tab ;)
then PPC Passion, then comes random others :D

~Jake

Jeff Rutledge
04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I thank you guys as well, this is the most enjoyable board I post to due to the dilligence of the higherups.

Here Here! :way to go:

Kowalski
04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
pocketpcthoughts is my second because my mailbox goes for the first tab :D
and infosyncworld,msmobiles,geek...

Zack Mahdavi
04-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I love Pocket PC THoughts. I also want to thank all the mods for the work they put into this site.

I visit this site literally like 10+ times a day. Whenever I can, I come here to read up on the latest news. Thanks for giving me something to do.. :)

Mark Kenepp
04-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Pocket PC Thoughts is successful because of you, the awesome community that comes here and contributes, and because of the dedicated volunteers who are committed to making this site as good as it can possibly be!

Way to share the praise Jason, :beer:

With out the people here who moderate the forums, it would not be as nice a site. It also wouldn't be as good without the members who willingly participate.

:grouphug: :werenotworthy:

David Prahl
04-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Here's to the Mods that spend each day 'in the trenches' with the Thoughts Media community! :beer:

I use Opera, and at all times the first tab is PPCT...DMT is always the second tab...

:worried:
Smart minds think alike!

tmulli
04-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I was just thinking of posting how nice this forum is comapred to so many out there. This place really IS a community: posting info to inform, question, help or for no reason at all other than to stop in and say hi.

A HUGE reason for this is all the work that Jason and the others put into the site. But also the members make a big difference. Many forums/"communities" have a very small percentage of members that post a majority of the messages, effectibly a clique, making it hard for new people to feel welcome and participate. But here, everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. It's great. keep up the good work everyone!

Kati Compton
04-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Many forums/"communities" have a very small percentage of members that post a majority of the messages
Yeah - we just have Janak. ;)

c38b2
04-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Many forums/"communities" have a very small percentage of members that post a majority of the messages
It scares me that soon he will outpost even Jason...

Jason Dunn
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM

Not if I keep doing these pithy one liners! :lol:

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 02:42 AM
:lol: Jason can stay at the #1 position forever, as long as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, we're approximately at the same posting pace. ;)

On a more serious note: what initially drew me to PPCT, long before my editor days, was the active participation of both the mods and editors on the boards. It gives one the feeling that someone's actually reading your posts, and really helps to build a sense of community. Most other sites do have mods, but they're almost-invisible, and the news team is totally invisible.

My only gripe is that we've become so successful as a community that it's harder to keep up with all the threads. But that's a gripe one loves to have, in a sense. 8)

--janak

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 02:44 AM
So speaks one of the two mods, who combined have about... oh... 8,000 posts. :P

--janak

Kati Compton
05-02-2004, 03:27 AM
So speaks one of the two mods, who combined have about... oh... 8,000 posts. :P
What, are you saying that you're twice as good as us??? Wanna fight? :takethat:

;)

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 06:42 AM
What, are you saying that you're twice as good as us??? Wanna fight? :takethat:
No, I mean you guys have almost as little a life as I do. ;)

--janak

Kacey Green
05-04-2004, 02:01 PM
What I like about this place is the participants are all mature and not nippy like some of the other boards. The content creators plus the mods and editors... everyone participates. The accessiblility, Jason dosen't have someone else respond to my questions if I asked him, the atmosphere here is so pleasent and supportive.

c38b2
06-27-2004, 11:07 PM
:lol: Jason can stay at the #1 position forever, as long as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, we're approximately at the same posting pace. ;)
Sorry, I don't believe it, especially when you have almost 400 posts between the two of you. 8O

Steven Cedrone
06-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, now you should take into account the number of posts Jason makes to all three sites! While Janak has to concentrate on just one, Jason watches and replies to all three...

But we will be making a poll about when Janak will topple Jason as the number one poster on this site! (And I'll be taking side bets as well :wink: )

Steve

Janak Parekh
06-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Sorry, I don't believe it, especially when you have almost 400 posts between the two of you. 8O
Well, we were posting at the same rate... :lol:

Steve's correct -- Jason has to split his posting energies between the three sites, and since we have the most editors anyway, PPCT is relatively "self-sustaining". :) Especially with the verbosity of the top 10 users, if nothing else. ;)

But we will be making a poll about when Janak will topple Jason as the number one poster on this site!
Ha! That brings back old memories (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10166)...

--janak

maximus
06-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Ok, I think the management of this site need to start implementing a good incentive for posting ... say a $1 per post for regular users, and a -$1 per post for editorial staffs (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29260&start=20) :mrgreen:

Kacey Green
06-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Ok, I think the management of this site need to start implementing a good incentive for posting ... say a $1 per post for regular users, and a -$1 per post for editorial staffs (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29260&start=20) :mrgreen:
If you're paying I'll start posting :wink:
There are always the point and cash mods for phpbb, fabrizio would have to adapt them to his liking, since he doesn't use others BB mods :|

Janak Parekh
06-29-2004, 05:15 PM
There are always the point and cash mods for phpbb, fabrizio would have to adapt them to his liking, since he doesn't use others BB mods :|
I've seen them, and they're more of a distraction than anything useful per se. ;) Fabrizio could implement any such thing, but we already have a large queue of improvements to be implemented first, and I don't think this is really on the radar at all.

--janak

Kati Compton
06-29-2004, 05:27 PM
8O No no no no no.

You know how many

:!:

-type posts we'd start getting??? Eeeeek.

maximus
06-30-2004, 01:25 AM
8O No no no no no.

You know how many

[mental notes]
Kati owes $4000 to PPCT.
Janak $9000 .. going strong to $10000.
[/mental note]

Kacey Green
07-19-2004, 03:17 PM
8O No no no no no.

You know how many

well considering such types of posts are frowned upon by the members and staff most of the time I don't really see that being much of a problem

my site has such a mod, I'm currently thinking of ways to get the points back from them now (they have points but nowhere to spend them)

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 04:31 PM
well considering such types of posts are frowned upon by the members and staff most of the time I don't really see that being much of a problem
Except that the mods would have to work harder to curtail such activity, since there would be an incentive for posters to do so. Steve and Kati already spend a lot of time on this site as it is. ;)

--janak

maximus
07-21-2004, 05:31 AM
I am very much impressed by Steve and Kati's performance. And since I dont want to see them to drop their performance level, I feel the urge to make silly posts from time to time, for them to delete.

You know, to sharpen the knife, one must constantly use it to cut stuffs, right ? :mrgreen: