View Full Version : Outlook problems

Shadowcat
04-25-2004, 04:56 AM
My hard drive failed at the beginning of the month so I had to replace it and start rebuilding my computer. One of the first things I installed was Outlook 2002 from the CD that came with my Pocket PC. It worked fine for awhile but now I can no longer open Outlook. It always freezes when I try opening it. Apparently the program still functions in the background because my e-mail is still being activesynced.

If I try opening it again after a failed attempt it asks me to try starting in safe mode but that fails too. If I try opeing it yet again it'll ask me to try detect and repair but it will end in failure again. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling countless times but that doesn't work either.

However, something really strange happened after my most recent attempt at reinstalling. Before this last appempt, I had tried opening it in safe mode and it failed. Knowing it would only ask me to try detect and repair again, I instead opted to reinstall right away. This time I even turned off my computer after uninstalling and turned it off again after reinstalling. When I turned my computer back on and tried opening Outlook, it prompted me to start in safe mode since the last attempt at opening it had failed! However I had just uninstalled! I'm at my wit's end and I have no idea how this can be happening! Can anyone give me any suggestions?

By the way, I've been using Outlook Express as my e-mail client for the past couple of weeks after Outlook stopped working (I had exams and I couldn't try to fix this problem earlier).

Thanks in advance.