View Full Version : Slowed response from screen input (can't think of a better way to say it)

twntaipan
04-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I have a Dell Axim X5. About 3 weeks ago I began to notice that the device seemed to be having intermittent (every 7 to 10 secs) periods where the screen input simply was not funcioning. It is most noticable when you use Transcriber, but also when just using taps on the screen to open a program or file, or even when using the Dell keyboard.

I began to notice the issue sometime after installing Dashboard and Pocket Informant 5.0

I thought it was the issue of the notification database, but I ran ScaryBear softwares utility to clean that out.

Oh, and, strangely, about 3 months ago when I would install a new program there would be a double entry of that program showing in the Programs folder. Don't know if the issues are related.

Any ideas here????

Pat Logsdon
04-26-2004, 02:43 AM
I have a Dell Axim X5. About 3 weeks ago I began to notice that the device seemed to be having intermittent (every 7 to 10 secs) periods where the screen input simply was not funcioning. It is most noticable when you use Transcriber, but also when just using taps on the screen to open a program or file, or even when using the Dell keyboard.

I began to notice the issue sometime after installing Dashboard and Pocket Informant 5.0
How much Program Memory is available when you notice the slow-down? Are you running WisBar or a related app to close applications rather than just minimizing them?

I thought it was the issue of the notification database, but I ran ScaryBear softwares utility to clean that out.
Did you run it again after the first time? Some notifications keep popping up. My wife has a Targus IR keyboard with a VERY annoying driver. I uninstalled it and ran Check Notifications only to discover that there were about 150 invalid notifications from that driver. :roll:

Oh, and, strangely, about 3 months ago when I would install a new program there would be a double entry of that program showing in the Programs folder. Don't know if the issues are related.
Probably not - that sounds like a bug in the installer. Have you noticed that it's happened more than once? You should be able to clean it up by going into windows\start menu\programs and deleting the duplicate.