View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Work for HP?

chunkymonkey75
04-24-2004, 03:00 AM
I currently work in IT at the company I work for. They are now looking quite seriously at outsourcing us now. HP is currently in the running for being the company to take over their IT Services. I'll probably still have a job when this is over but may end up HP instead.

I have two questions:

If anyone here works for HP contracting to another. How have you felt about working for HP?

Has anyone worked full time for a company in IT Customer Support and then been re-hired as a contractor? If so, what was your experience with that like? Did you lose or gain in benefits or pay?

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 05:53 AM
Do you really think anyone here would mark themselves as an HP employee after all the negative things (and positive too) that are said about their products? I can imagine them getting 50 emails everytime a rumor comes out, only to meekly reply "I work on laser printer design...".

chunkymonkey75
04-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Do you really think anyone here would mark themselves as an HP employee after all the negative things (and positive too) that are said about their products? I can imagine them getting 50 emails everytime a rumor comes out, only to meekly reply "I work on laser printer design...".

"Hi, my name is Bob and I work in Microsoft's Mobile division. Feel free to contact me any time day or night with anything. Here is my contact info:

Home phone: (555) 555-1212
Cell phone: (555) 555-1313

email address: [email protected]

Home address....."

...Just kidding. Seriously, though. I can see your point, I didn't even think of that at the time of writing. I really wanted to know because of my own career situation. And I thought others may wonder as well.

If you do work for HP and could let me know your thoughts (but not in a public forum) please PM me if you do not want to share with the group that you work for HP. I promise not to use the information to nag you about the latest iPaq. ;) Any input would be very helpful to me.

Thanks.

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Sorry if my reply sounded a bit harsh (re-reading it I realized it may have come off that way). You got the irony down though, I'd hate to be Bob...

chunkymonkey75
04-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Sorry if my reply sounded a bit harsh (re-reading it I realized it may have come off that way). You got the irony down though, I'd hate to be Bob...

No problem. I have been guilty of writing in forums at 3 am (newborn at home). Then I get myself into trouble because I don't send the message I intended to send.

Peace :D