View Full Version : Geek Test

Kati Compton
04-23-2004, 03:17 PM
So, I'm currently in my hotel room in Napa, CA, about to drive back to SFO to fly back to the midwest. I come here every year for a business-trip, and when I tell people, they get really jealous.

So here's a poll for you. ;)

Kevin C. Tofel
04-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I voted for the trip to Napa on business. I was at a software conference in Monterey & SanFran back in '97 and I loved the area. It was my first (and only :cry: ) trip from to the West Coast.

Even a business trip out there has to be ralaxing and fun. I've heard about bunches of spas out there in wine country....have a good time....bring us back a bottle of Zinfindel, would ya? :wink:

KCT

Kati Compton
04-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Heh. I actually prefer Monterey (I go there once a year too).

There is a spa in the hotel. The Amadeus Spa. They have a hot stone treatment. It's called "Rock Me Amadeus".

:)

I just can't see paying that much for a spa visit... When a haircut is $60-80, that tells me the place is overpriced.

Mobile_Bear
04-23-2004, 04:42 PM
I used to go to SFO and Northern California every month or so in business trips. It was great!

...hate you for reminding me of that... Your haircut is OK

JackTheTripper
04-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Kati, I can't believe you were here and didn't tell me. I still want to marry you. We could have gotten married real quick like. ;)

I live in San Jose and grew up all my life in Redwood City. RWC is exactly between SF and SJ. It's also 30 minutes from the beach. Ya, I mist alot of skoool wonse I got a kar. :lol:

But the down side is when I go on a business trip it's to places like Buffalo. :( I have to go there in 2 weeks. :bangin:

Pat Logsdon
04-23-2004, 05:36 PM
There is a spa in the hotel. The Amadeus Spa. They have a hot stone treatment. It's called "Rock Me Amadeus".
That is Not Right. But somewhere, Falco is smiling. :mrgreen:

Amadeus Amadeus, Amadeus
Amadeus Amadeus, Amadeus
Amadeus Amadeus, oh oh oh Amadeus
Oh yeah.

Kowalski
04-23-2004, 08:09 PM
why should anyone hate your haircut???
my vote goes for business trip.
this is the way i want to work, lots of business trips, lots

Sven Johannsen
04-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Jealous? Depends. Did you get to some wineries? If so, then yes, jealous. If no, disappointed in you. :wink:

JackTheTripper
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
I also worked at a winery for a couple years. :D

I just realized how spoiled I am. :oops:

OK, everyone pack your bags and move out here. You can stay with me until you find a place to live. I can fit at least 100 people in my 2 bedroom condo, right? ;)

Kati Compton
04-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Hehehehe.... Jack - I think that my husband might mind...

As for the wineries, no time I'm afraid. I did go in February (another business trip, but to Monterey with a fun side-trip to Napa). That is when I discovered that even on the weekend, wineries close at 5pm.

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Kati's making an oblique reference to one of Jason's early polls with a "generic" default option.

I would have voted for it, too, although I don't mind Kati's haircut at all. Darn you, Kati. :P

--janak

Kati Compton
04-25-2004, 01:50 AM
Kati's making an oblique reference to one of Jason's early polls with a "generic" default option.

I would have voted for it, too, although I don't mind Kati's haircut at all. Darn you, Kati. :P
;) You should apply for a job near me so you can visit for free. :P

sublime
04-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Your haircut makes me want to barf.

ctmagnus
04-25-2004, 05:16 AM
you have hair?!?

Kati Compton
04-25-2004, 07:21 AM
you have hair?!?

<Insert snide comment here>

:P

JackTheTripper
04-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Hehehehe.... Jack - I think that my husband might mind....

Don't worry. We can set him up with my wife. ;)