View Full Version : Rogers Wireless - Is your Reception as bad as MINE?

JustinGTP
04-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey Y'all,

I am on the Rogers Wireless network with a Sony Ericsson T306 and my reception on the phone is absolute crap (for the lack of a better word).

My question to any Rogers Wireless customer in Canada, what phone do you have and what is your reception like?

This is terrible, I pay 50 dollars a month for a cell phone that can do anything but call someone! I am annoyed at best.

-Justin.

Jeff Rutledge
04-23-2004, 03:47 AM
I have a T68 with Rogers and don't find the reception too bad in Calgary. There are a few spots that gets me a lot of static, but overall it's OK.

Toronto is a whole other story. I don't even bother keeping it on downtown. I just forward it to my number here and power it off. I know a couple of guys who have Nokia 6310i's and their reception is better. I imagine that's due to the larger antenna.

Rob Borek
04-23-2004, 04:21 AM
I, in general, have no problems with Rogers Wireless reception - even in Toronto (First Canadian Place, Sheraton Centre, Union Station (except underground)). I've got a Sony Ericsson T616.

I've been with pretty much all the other wireless companies at one time or another, and Rogers is, if anything, better than the others.

Ripper014
04-23-2004, 07:35 PM
I switched to Rogers in Vancouver over a year ago... a mistake looking back on it. The reception is not nearly as good as what I had, but then it could be the phone as well... I have never had so many dropped calls, in fact I never had a dropped call.

ale2999
04-23-2004, 11:39 PM
I was with rogers till three months ago. Since I moved to fido I havent been happier! Roger's coverage in calgary has LOTS of holes. PLus they charge by the minute....
GO FIDO GO!!!! 0X

JustinGTP
04-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Yes,

I have been reading about Roger's and it seems there GSM coverage is not that good, and coupled with a really bad antenna in my cellphone (all Sony Ericsson's seem to be like this), I have one hoop of a time trying to call someone.

-Justin.

ale2999
04-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Yes,

I have been reading about Roger's and it seems there GSM coverage is not that good, and coupled with a really bad antenna in my cellphone (all Sony Ericsson's seem to be like this), I have one hoop of a time trying to call someone.

-Justin.

I have a sonyericcson t616 and it works GREAT on fido

JustinGTP
04-24-2004, 06:53 AM
I have been reading reviews on such and it is definitely conclusive that most people find a major problem with their Sony Ericsson cell phone in regards to the reception area.

I must get a new one, this is bugging my far too much and it really shouldn't. Just for information's sake, we are taking this up with Roger's.

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I have been reading reviews on such and it is definitely conclusive that most people find a major problem with their Sony Ericsson cell phone in regards to the reception area.
Only the old ones -- and the T68 in particular. The new phones are a lot better, so I don't know if that's your problem.

--janak

ale2999
04-24-2004, 10:29 PM
seriously justin. I own a Sony-Ericsson, and so Does my dad. I find that the coverage of fido is great, and my cell has a great antenna. I manage even to get signal in some elevator downtown, which never happened when I had Rogers with a nokia. your problem is rogers spotty coverage in calgary. i hear things are supposed to get better with the rolling of the 850 band in calgary, but ya I am gonna stay with fido instead

ctmagnus
04-25-2004, 05:05 AM
I have the same issue. I find there are good spots and bad spots for Rogers, also with a T68. My house, for example, cannot get a Rogers signal 95% of the time but I can get an excellent signal a ten minute walk from here.

fwiw, I recently travelled to Victoria and there was a three-hour spot between west of Kamloops and Hope that didn't even have a Telus signal.

Don Tolson
04-28-2004, 08:55 PM
I have a Nokia 3650 on Rogers and have found no problems at all with coverage here in Victoria. It even worked just fine wandering around San Diego's Wild Animal Farm and the heart of Disneyland!

Sometimes though, the volume of voices changes dramatically from caller to caller.

I've had one or two calls dropped, but I suspect that was more due to overall network traffic, than lack of signal coverage.

ctmagnus
11-02-2005, 06:18 AM
8O I found an old one!

Anyways, my coverage dramatically improved when I switched phones. I get the occasional "no signal" icon, but four bars most of the time is much better than the occasional signal!